AuthorTopic: IRENA - The Mega SEGA Genesis Shooter  (Read 4532 times)

Offline kentosama

• Welcome to the next generation
    • kentosama_retro
    • View Profile
    • IRENA

IRENA - The Mega SEGA Genesis Shooter

on: November 27, 2018, 07:48:51 pm
Hello, it's been a few months that I work on the realization of a shoot them up for the Mega Drive / SEGA Genesis and I think it would be a good thing that I introduce you a little project.

It is therefore a classic shoot 'em up exclusively developed for the Mega Drive / SEGA Genesis. Initially, it was just a small prototype, because I would like to learn to program on this console that I like so much. To be honest, I'm a big fan of the Mega Drive and it's a real pleasure to develop on it. In the meantime, I posted an ad on this forum to find someone who could do some gfx, it's about OHKO doing a great job. Given the quality of gfx, I wanted to create a real game for the Mega Drive rather than a simple technical demo. The music is made by kaot, a French artist who has a lot of talent.

The game is called IRENA, a reference to my girl's first name and it should be 7 to 8 levels with gameplay featuring some game ideas such as Thunder Force III, Aero Blaster and Robo Aleste. The game is developed in C with SGDK.

The Storyline
In a distant world, an intergalactic ship carrying settlers to the planet Laderia II is suddenly trapped by a powerful magnetic field from the exoplanet Xellia, which until now was unknown. On board a small stealth fighter, the Rayden MG323, Major Celina Pelinsky is sent on a mission to detect and destroy the source of this magnetic field while an energetic shield temporarily shields the mothership from external attack. Celina will have to use all her skills as a seasoned pilot to make her way to this hostile planet where she will have to fight against the terrible army of Emperor Zerox, a maleficent being with mysterious powers.

Features
  • A new exclusive SEGA Genesis game
  • Gameplay inspired by the popular 16-bit generation
  • Five different types of weapons
  • Eight levels to discover
  • Two different purposes
  • Catchy musics
  • Designed with SGDK

Screenshots

Video prototype
Here is a short video of the prototype : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDyohZ9zlwg

An official website is available at this address. It gathers several information around the project.

Please, if you like the project or if you have suggestions / ideas, do not hesitate to write something here.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:08:44 pm by kentosama »

Offline novanips

• View Profile

Re: IRENA - The Mega SEGA Genesis Shooter

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:58 am
dude did you remake  an old time space shooting game, those sprites look so so similar to a game i've seen and played but apart from that , wheres the demo buddy , looking cool so far.

and anybody watching this thread , don't be a dick and post a damn comment, 45 views and no oint saying shit, c'mon

Offline kentosama

• Welcome to the next generation
    • kentosama_retro
    • View Profile
    • IRENA

Re: IRENA - The Mega SEGA Genesis Shooter

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:11 pm
Thank you for your interest in this game. Currently, we are in the process of completely reviewing the gfx of the game to give it a touch a little more personal and to propose a mood a little more "dark".