AuthorTopic: The B.O.B.'s Dump: B.O.B. finally submits something new...  (Read 65952 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: The B.O.B.'s Dump:Sho-Nuff!!

Reply #90 on: May 28, 2007, 02:09:30 am
Oh, yeah, I had to open it up in my animation prog ta distinguish things well enough to crit. So, yeah, that might be a sign.

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #91 on: May 28, 2007, 03:55:21 am
The only major problem I have with it is the large cape?

It takes too much attention away from the character itself...The stretching crotch as Xion put it is also adds to that problem if you ask me.  :P

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #92 on: May 28, 2007, 10:56:37 am
it reads perfectlety well to me...

it is a bit over-the-top with the amount of movement, but i think it adds a lot of life to the piece.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #93 on: May 28, 2007, 01:37:39 pm
Eehh... Yeah, I can't really see what's going on, either. I love the color choice in general, but it's just... Ohh! There's his other arm! Well, that's definitely a sign. Arms should be visible. It took me two minutes to find his. So the round shiny thing is a shoulder then... I see. Okay, it makes a lot more sense now.

But it is way too busy. The entire upper body seems to blend in with itself in a very confusing way.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #94 on: May 28, 2007, 07:10:53 pm
I agree on the fighter being WAY too busy. It took me a good amount of time to figure out what's going on. If you would see him just as a silhouette it would look like a blob, perhaps a swaying alien tree, but not a fighter. Put any pro figher sprites from snk or capcom in silhouette and they are still readable.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #95 on: June 04, 2007, 03:46:18 pm
-looks at thread for first time-
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
-jaw drops-
Buddy... I'm gonna be busy for weeks picking these apart to find what to do to make these things look this good.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #96 on: June 04, 2007, 04:04:58 pm
Buddy... I'm gonna be busy for weeks picking these apart to find what to do to make these things look this good.

here, i'll save you the time:  Experience and Practice.  + the BOB has natural awesomeness.

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #97 on: June 04, 2007, 04:20:47 pm
How long has he been doing this?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #98 on: July 04, 2007, 06:42:15 pm
@Zee: I've been doing this for about 4-5 years now...still need some work...alot of work actually....

Ok, so I don't have an internet connection, and my work place decided to cut it off for our work environment...cause they're giant douches. Any hoo, I've been working on this for a REALLY long time, and I'm quite sure there are plenty of problems with it...need the help..

I have an animated WIP, but still having trouble uploading it to the net, as the copied file on my cd isn't uploading properly to other cpus...I'll just have to wait to get an internet connection at my new place, till I can show you guys where I started, and ended up, which would most definitely explain the busy-ness...However, it still seems to be a problem, and I'm not quite sure how to simplify it to the point where you can still see the details....also, perspective issues mixing with comic book style warped scene will most definitely NOT be well recieved with you guys, I'm quite sure. Still willing to hear some opinions before I try and make this piece better...

Suggestions?

SUPER EDIT!!!!

animated wip, that I promised!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:28:58 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #99 on: July 04, 2007, 07:03:02 pm
The grass seems really bland, and I don't think the wavy shading is working with it.
Also, the perspective does have problems, mainly because some things just don't make sense, style or not. It's really hard to read a perspective on the background, as the backdrop pieces like the windmill and house seem tacked on as they're right on the horizon line.
Otherwise, awesome piece, love the colors and the atmosphere of it all. Ace stuff.