AuthorTopic: [C+C] LoL K/DA, trying out new style, need some feedback  (Read 2543 times)

Offline awh13

• View Profile
I usually do low-bit pixel art, no bigger than 96x96, but with a lot of details and shades. I'm still doing almost the same thing, but non-outline and minimal shades. I'm also practicing on character poses, and really looking for feedbacks. Thank you.
Left is original sprite, right is fixed.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:50:24 am by awh13 »

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] LoL K/DA, trying out new style, need some feedback

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:51:52 am
Can't see your pic !
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:57:41 am
Fixed it, sorry.

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:31:07 am
I really like the postures especially the last one.
The second one though, her shoulders look a bit slumped perhaps.
You should also fix Ahri's (is it her ?) camera-left leg, looks really weird.
I took a little time understanding that Ahri's hand is facing the camera, maybe adding a darker shade would help detach it from the rest ?
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 01:52:46 pm
I like the colours and poses! Are you planning to make blacklight version of them later? ;D

The lighting/shading on their legs doesn't feel cohesive to me. The third one feels fine (the shadows are cast by her torso and arm), but the rest seem to have highlights in random places.

The second one's face (or rather, face-mask) feels a little side. The shape of it is fine, I think it could just use a larger shadow on one side to show it wrapping around the face.

The second one's abdomen has some dark shadows on it, what is creating those? On the other hand, the third one is leaning forward, but her belly's fully lit, when it should probably be in shadow.

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:53:07 am
I really like the postures especially the last one.
The second one though, her shoulders look a bit slumped perhaps.
You should also fix Ahri's (is it her ?) camera-left leg, looks really weird.
I took a little time understanding that Ahri's hand is facing the camera, maybe adding a darker shade would help detach it from the rest ?

I uploaded the fixed version above, I really don't know how to fix Ahri's hand, and her leg yeah, I'm having a hard time dealing with straight leg, I don't know why it looks ok on Evelynn ( the leaning girl) but not on Ahri.

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 01:00:01 am
I like the colours and poses! Are you planning to make blacklight version of them later? ;D

The lighting/shading on their legs doesn't feel cohesive to me. The third one feels fine (the shadows are cast by her torso and arm), but the rest seem to have highlights in random places.

The second one's face (or rather, face-mask) feels a little side. The shape of it is fine, I think it could just use a larger shadow on one side to show it wrapping around the face.

The second one's abdomen has some dark shadows on it, what is creating those? On the other hand, the third one is leaning forward, but her belly's fully lit, when it should probably be in shadow.

I actually have the blacklight version already, with completely different poses, for some reason I forgot to add them here. They're much less details tho, I uploaded the full "wallpaper" version of them because they're made mainly to stay in that wallpaper. I'm having lots of problem fitting all the details on Akali's jacket, and how to make them glowy.

I fixed some of the problem you mentioned, I don't know how to shade their leg really, they're too dark to add darker shades (I think?), maybe I should leave them with 1 color?
On Akali, her face was meant to be sided, I meant to make each of them look slighty off the screen ( and failed having 3 of them looking straight at the screen). I also re-shade her ab and Evenlynn's belly.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 01:20:44 am
The colours for the dark legs you've got are fine, my complaints were about your placement of the highlights.
You could make them solid-coloured, but I think it would be a good learning experience to work out the highlights. Where's your light source? The parts of the leg that face the light source most directly would get highlights, and all the other parts would not. Try to avoid highlights that are just lines, as those look like wrinkles or ridges, which doesn't fit the intended round forms of the legs; try to work with blobby shapes instead.

Is Akali the one with the spray can? I think the details you've drawn already are fine. You can't fit everything, so it's better to simplify and only depict the most important stuff. I also think you've done a fine job on the glow. There's not room for an explicit glowing effect, and besides, by being such light colours against dark colours, they already glow a little just due to the fact that monitors work by glowing :]