AuthorTopic: Favorite Color  (Read 26819 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Favorite Color

Reply #60 on: January 05, 2007, 02:17:16 pm
I don't think i can agree with 'colours can only look ugly in a group'... when i'm selecting palettes, the individual colours seem to look much better as part of the group, than if you fill an entire MSPaint canvas with that single colour. Even take an ugly palette, and i think there'll be individual colours which stand out as looking quite nice against the rest. On their own, it may not be so obvious... oh yeah, and i dislike blue on it's own, so go figure lol.

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 10:06:20 pm
Red. Japan's "Rising Sun".
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline AIGuy

• Type your personal text here.
    • View Profile
    • AIZone

Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 02:53:22 am
For some reason I like really desaturated colors.  Here are 6 colors I picked at random that I liked.

I like blue, purple, and green mostly.  Yeah, cool colors.
Type your signature here.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 03:43:27 am
I'm a big fan of palettes, not necessarily individual colors.

Blues, browns and pinks are ones I like to stick to in pixel art.

Mmm COLOURlovers

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 03:54:07 am
In addition to the color of Awesome Sunset, which cannot be contained to a single color but rather must be described in a vast spectrum, I enjoy deep green, as that found in lush fields and summer forests, as well as the blue you see when you peer into the sky on a sunny afternoon and realize how good life is. Purple is also cool, as in the royal lavender and velvety goodness used to drape kings of old.
But mainly deep green, and anything away from brown, unless it's reddish brown, which reminds me of those people that were once in America that white people killed off...what were they called again?
Oh, I also enjoy the color of autumn leaves in the absolute pinnacle of their death, when they still fill the trees in abundance and still cling to their last breath before drifting solemnly to the ground and greeting it with a light sorrow to have come apart from that great, sustaining entity known as Tree.

As for colors I dislike, I hate any shade of yellow (unless it's shiny like a car) and have no tolerance for the color "ugly," as found on the faces of people who display said trait.