AuthorTopic: Favorite Color  (Read 26824 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Favorite Color

Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 09:08:37 pm
They say that if you see the world in a more blueish way you'll prefer colours such as red more, and vice versa. Hmm...

I like greens and reddish oranges i guess, i used to be very into earthy colours aswel. I cannot stand blue, most of the time. I think it goes well with brown if it's a rich blue, but most of the time it's overused and reminds me of businesses, default designs and hospitals and the like.. eurgh.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 09:17:33 pm
Being a child of the 80's, I just love anything with these colors:

Sadly the above image is severely lacking in dolphins and italian sports cars, but still.
That describes my likes too.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 10:26:26 pm
At some point I decided my favorite colour was red. I guess it's got to do with the fact that everything red is/was cooler than the rest. (Raphael was my favorite for that reason I guess. :P ) I still have a soft spot for red, but it's usually in a more orange hue now. On the other hand, I think no colour looks it's best on it's own.

I've got the tendency to link people to colours. One of my brother's blue, my dad's green, a friend of mine is black/red and so on. Wednesday is blue, it just is. Have no idea why though. At the same time, I link people that are black/red to the number 6. Yellow is 8 or 12. Blue is 2 or 5. It's just for a few specific things though, I don't do that to everything.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 10:41:06 pm
Well it sounds as though I couldn't get any more yellow if I tried by your description.
12/08/88

Edit:
O/T I know, but does anyone else think my mother should have induced labour to ensure that I was born on 08/08/88?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:20:40 am by Faceless »

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:08 pm
I cannot stand blue, most of the time. I think it goes well with brown if it's a rich blue, but most of the time it's overused and reminds me of businesses, default designs and hospitals and the like.. eurgh.

Yeah.. that's more or less the reason why I try to stay away from blue. Every corporate client that comes to my studio always pushes towards blue in their designs because it's "nice and relaxing, cool." Really what they mean is that it's "nice and safe and generic." Once in awhile, a big client comes in that breaks that mold, though. BBC wanted hot pink to be the key color in a pitch we did for them recently, that was really interesting.

I think I tend to like bolder, brighter colors because they're more volatile and you have to consider them more carefully. Ugly color palettes are my favorites, because they challenge you more.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 10:48:44 pm by Akzidenz »
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 02:39:33 am
I've got the tendency to link people to colours. One of my brother's blue, my dad's green, a friend of mine is black/red and so on. Wednesday is blue, it just is. Have no idea why though. At the same time, I link people that are black/red to the number 6. Yellow is 8 or 12. Blue is 2 or 5. It's just for a few specific things though, I don't do that to everything.

Strangly enough, my sister puts colours to words and letters in her mind, the words colour being the sum of the letters it is made up from. I dont really get how it works though...

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 03:48:15 am
....ummm....

I don't have a favorite color

*shifty eyes*

lol

Strangly enough, my sister puts colours to words and letters in her mind, the words colour being the sum of the letters it is made up from. I dont really get how it works though...

I always wished I had that thing where you could smell colors and taste words....I'd guess that'd be the same thing as the number association....anybody know what that's called?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 04:52:32 am
The crossing of senses is synesthesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

And I don't have a favorite color either.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 12:34:58 pm
I remember reading about that some time ago. It's fascinating. I tend to associate some non-visible things with other senses, but just because I find it easy to describe that way. It's probably got to do with earlier associations, that make me link certain sounds to colors, or colors to tastes. I definitely don't have that there thing.

Still, I can easily find myself describing the synth sound I'm listening to right now as pale red. With a hint of vanilla? No... that's just aftertaste... I really need to brush my teeth...

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 01:03:13 pm
If I had to pick, it'd be olive green, though I can appreciate every colour (including hot pink) because in general, everything and every colour has it's own use, some images look best when hot pink with black; others look good when green&red;

In general what someone said earlier, only colour combinations can be really ugly, and even those can be groovy, if done properly  ::)