AuthorTopic: Fountain of Lamneth anyone?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Fountain of Lamneth anyone?

on: January 01, 2007, 09:07:08 pm
Hey, I just started pixeling this last night because I was bored. I haven't pixeled in a very long time, definitly a year+, but I felt like I was doing alot better then I used to..
Anyways, its based on the song Fountain of Lamneth by Rush(my favorite band  :y:) Its just a little grassy edge with a bride leading to a mountain (mountain of the east) and "The mountain holds the sunrise In the prison of the night"  :P

I figured I'd post it before I started doing the other side of the mountain, and more tree crap so I can get some CC and fix whatever before I do more of it.

Here it is:

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: Fountain of Lamneth anyone?

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 10:48:59 pm
That horizon is beautiful. Very nice job so far, and I can't wat to see the finished product. :y:
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 06:23:11 am
im saying the same.. the horizon looks lovely! great job!
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:47:05 pm
As mentioned earlier, the sunset looks great.  There's not really much I can say now, about the mountains, as they're just the lines for them...um, they look like they'll work.
I'm confused a bit by that patch of green.  I think I spot a shrub of some sort...is it going to be along the lines of a jungle or something?
Also, I have one small crit on the bridge...I personally would say the bridge would go over the grass, not the otherway around, I guess I'll see when it's colored.

Good luck!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline DevilDRake

• First Pixel
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 12:38:55 pm
Sunset and water is beautiful. I cant wait for the finish, it will turn out Perfect.