AuthorTopic: Mario Avatar 3  (Read 3329 times)

Offline HMC

• View Profile

Mario Avatar 3

on: December 29, 2006, 07:33:52 pm

My first attempt at doing something in Pro Motion. Despite not having the same minuscule little features that I'm used to in Paint, I must say that I do enjoy feeling a little bit better about palette management.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Mario Avatar 3

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:41:16 pm
face is a little flat, the nose could do with some shading.

Offline HMC

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 03:34:40 pm
It's not that I'm deliberately ignoring your criticism, but I seem to be seriously having trouble acknowledging it and yet getting it to not look ridiculous:

Any suggestions?

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 06:28:17 am
Yes to the new cheek highlight, no to the nose shadow.  Or rather, instead of having the shadow complete the oval outline of the nose, it should darken the bottom left of the nose.
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 06:43:17 am
It's not that I'm deliberately ignoring your criticism, but I seem to be seriously having trouble acknowledging it and yet getting it to not look ridiculous:

I understand, and i don't mean to sound harsh when i point something out like that on pixeljoint, it's just that the pixeljoint gallery is geared more towards finished works (although, i admit, i have posted works there which i have later revised.)  There is a forum on pixeljoint, though, so if you wanted to get more feedback, you could post it there as well.

On a more relavent note, the shading looks much better now, and the highlight gives the face a better form than the original. Maybe if you made it more of a cresent (as it was done on the nose) it would look nicer.  I'm posting from my laptop right now and i don't have the proper software on hand to make an edit, currently. :S