AuthorTopic: Happy new year! What's your resolution this year?  (Read 23791 times)

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Re: Happy new year! What's your resolution this year?

Reply #50 on: January 05, 2007, 04:55:29 pm
I think the most important part of getting into martial arts, more important than the specific art is to find a good teacher.  You're really luck y if you can find someone with: good technique, the ability to teach, and no serious ego problems.

My instructor was pretty good, although he seem to give the girls a little more attention than the boys.  I heard some interesting stories about him after I ended up leaving class.  I don't think this is the most terrible thing, as long as doesn't interfere too much in class.

Although I had a friend who trained in TKD with someone who had great technique, and knew how to teach.  The high belt was his wife.  Unfortunately the whole class broke up when he ended up sleeping with another woman in his class.  Heh, how's that for character and integrity.

Polyamoury is the way to go... all of that would have been avoided had our global community been conditioned into a more (what I believe to be) refined way of behaviour... character... integrity... that's just a way of pinning down people to behave in a certain manner for the so called good of humanity - bound by rules the church intially set up to control our wanton ways which has become deriguer of the global societies belief system whether you're religious or not... let's face it - people sleep around... partners 'cheat' on each all the time - I'd rather people were open and honest with each other and appreciate the beauty in each other... male or female and don't get too hung up on taboo or possesive over each other!

As Perry Farrel once sang - "Ain't no wrong ain't no right... only pleasure and pain"

I don't know where that came from - I think I must be going slightly mad - suffise to say I do have an alternative take on lifestyle choices and I'm fully aware that I live in a distinct minority.

My resolution
- break rules & live a little
- forgive quick & kiss slow
- laugh long & never regret
- remember old friends & loved ones
- make new friends & loved ones
- travel
- eat well
- ride hard
- dive deep
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:00:47 pm by baccaman21 »
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: January 05, 2007, 05:14:45 pm
let's face it - people sleep around... partners 'cheat' on each all the time - I'd rather people were open and honest with each other and appreciate the beauty in each other... male or female and don't get too hung up on taboo or possesive over each other!

My resolution
- break rules & live a little
- eat well
- ride hard
- dive deep

Hahah! Oh, man. Those last three resolutions really rang a bell in my dirty mind, after reading the initial posted paragraph. Oh gutter minds, gotta love em'...(joking, of course)
my back hurts...

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #52 on: January 05, 2007, 05:32:21 pm
You're Bang On B.O.B.  (HEY! that reciporcates infinitley! do you see what I did there?)

<ha hem>...considering my lifestyle choices and my other activity pursuits yes you're absolutly right... (it was meant to have double meaning...) well spotted - can't the pull the wool over your eyes... ;)

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #53 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:32 pm
wow.. I didn't know pixel artists we so ripped. Jeez, every other post involves some macho fitness, it's cute ^_^

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #54 on: January 05, 2007, 08:56:35 pm
wow.. I didn't know pixel artists we so ripped. Jeez, every other post involves some macho fitness, it's cute ^_^

It's part of the job.. ;)

Offline lonlaz

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: January 05, 2007, 11:00:09 pm
Polyamoury is the way to go... all of that would have been avoided had our global community been conditioned into a more (what I believe to be) refined way of behaviour... character... integrity... that's just a way of pinning down people to behave in a certain manner for the so called good of humanity - bound by rules the church intially set up to control our wanton ways which has become deriguer of the global societies belief system whether you're religious or not... let's face it - people sleep around... partners 'cheat' on each all the time - I'd rather people were open and honest with each other and appreciate the beauty in each other... male or female and don't get too hung up on taboo or possesive over each other!

Heh, I used to wish that's the way things should be.  Unfortunately, in my life experience, jealousy is ingrained.. and once the green eyed monster gets involved, all this openness idea gets thrown out the window.  Plus there's other fun stuff, like STD's.  I'm not saying that I'm pro-establishment, but life is an balancing act between rules and instinct.

And one thing for sure, if I pixled as much as I've been talking, I might actually improve some.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #56 on: January 11, 2007, 02:25:29 am
Resolution 1: Finish a game by 12/31/2007
Resolution 2: Draw more
Resolution 3: Write more. Finish a short story each month.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #57 on: January 11, 2007, 06:19:48 am
-get a lot of shit done, so I can get my ass into artschool, and out of this lame ass town, period.
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #58 on: January 19, 2007, 05:14:32 am
I'm officially changing my new year's resolution to 800 x 600.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: January 19, 2007, 12:33:21 pm
Bump it up a notch or 3. Anything below 1280x1024 is for ninnies.