AuthorTopic: Happy new year! What's your resolution this year?  (Read 23795 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Happy new year! What's your resolution this year?

Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 04:39:18 pm
2007. The year of Bond.

I don't make resolutions. I never remember them, and when I do, I just feel bad for not sticking to it.

I always promise myself to become a better artist though, but that applies to any point of the year.  :hehe:

My dog's still hiding under the table from the fireworks. Happy New Year!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 05:03:38 pm
Resolutions:

1. Lock myself in a room till I learn the damn guitar.
2. Strive to become a better pixel-artist, and take on projects for small game dev.
3. Learn how to make transparent animations so I can accomplish res. # 2, stated above...
4. Become more digitally oriented with Photoshop and become a better digital artist
5. Make female anatomy second nature to my artistic memory.
6. Work out much more than I do now...
7. Find me a hot Momma...
8. Attend college again, and make different friends, but ones that I can identify with...
9. Definitely find more metal bands that can expand my horizons...
10. And finally...Challenge Snake to a pixel duel and come out victorious in the end...

All these seem pretty realistic to me...Well, maybe not the 10th, but you know, a boy can dream.
my back hurts...

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 05:56:23 pm
Resolutions:

- Get a job
- Get a haircut
- Get a boyfriend
- Make some new friends (my old ones all left town except for two)
- Learn how to play electic bass/bass guitar ...we have one at home already. My brother plays.
- Become good at Japanese (I got in to my second Japanese now course so this shouldn't be too hard to fulfil)
- Start training some new martial art (teakwondo perhaps?), I've come and gone to my kickboxing/thaiboxing club too many times. It's starting to feel a bit embarassing.
- Get a new gymcard so I can get rid of what I gained during the Holidays
- Star working with my comic projects (I have built my lightboard and done the storyboards already)
- Make my own game
- Go to Japan
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 05:58:17 pm by Mirre »

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 06:04:24 pm
My resolutions are few:

1. Update my website DAILY, starting now.
2. Pixel more and improve my poor neglected skills.
3. Climb more. You forget how fun it is if you aren't off the ground (excluding jumping) once every few days.
   3a. When that's not an option, get on that chin-up bar in the basement!

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 06:31:08 pm
Main one that's doable for me is getting back in shape.  Was almost there before christmas, but then the gym shut for a week or so (opens again tomorrow), and all this fooooood I had... Gonna be working my ass off for the next few weeks to undo that and then relax the working out a little.

Everything else is pretty much counting on me getting moved to a quiet home where I can finally get proper sleep and work on pixel stuff and recover fully from various health problems and maybe get a part time job in addition to pixel freelancing.  Want to make enough to get membership in the local archery group as I miss doing that stuff.  Also wanna take part in more acting whether its plays or just workshops, to help me get used to being around people again although I'd also like to do some more voice acting on radio and internet productions if possible.  And maybe finally get driving lessons.  Also I wanna actually be able to play this darn Fender electric guitar I've had for about 7 or 8 years now... Only thing I could ever play on it was the riff from Smoke on the Water but even that's gone now.  Also ideally I'd like to finally leave this country and head back to Canada where I used to spend good fun summers in when I was a kid but I still just don't see that happening even in the next few years.

I'm counting on 2007 being the year where things actually start going right... all I need is for the council to move me to a quiet place.  Then everything else will be possible from then on...
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 07:26:48 pm
New Year's resolution?
Um... I want to be less lazy, more considerate, get a job, and possibly a steady girlfriend.
I hear Mirre's on the market, though she sounds like she could kick my ass with that on and off thai-boxing. :P
But seriously, I just want to have a lot of fun this year.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 08:03:05 pm
To get into better shape, get back on my GBA hobby project, finish a few more games for work, beef up my 3D skills more, take my wife on vacation.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 11:54:12 pm
Resolutions:

- Start training some new martial art (teakwondo perhaps?), I've come and gone to my kickboxing/thaiboxing club too many times. It's starting to feel a bit embarassing.

May I suggest Budo Ninpo Taijutsu? Very good and flexible style. I trained in it for a couple of years. You'll even learn acrobatics!  :)

As for my New Year's resolution, I simply plan to make the most of this new year.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 12:05:51 am
Aquire the entire Naruto  series (origonal japanese) box set, and aquire a wacom tablet.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 08:05:28 am
-Finishing High school "senior year now".
-Choosing a good major "not art related".
-Improving my art skills.
-become better in shape, since i'm thin.
-Training in gymnastic and Martial arts again.