AuthorTopic: Looking for someone to collab with.  (Read 10183 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Looking for someone to collab with.

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:57:30 am
How about some exquisite corpse?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:29:32 am
Bob - idea one sounds good, the other two seem to be drifting a bit further away than creating art.

Stwelin - Thats a very good idea.  It would be good to see how the object/subject evolves with different people styles and artistic views. 

There was a game i played as a child where you have a piece of paper folded into three sections - someone would draw the head, another the body and the last person the legs.  However each person does not see what the other draws until the end when you have a weird looking creature.  It would probably require a rough templete though.

perhaps if one of the mods would show an interest in helping me setup one of the suggested activities, i would be most grateful  :)

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 12:34:56 pm
There was a game i played as a child where you have a piece of paper folded into three sections - someone would draw the head, another the body and the last person the legs.  However each person does not see what the other draws until the end when you have a weird looking creature.  It would probably require a rough templete though.

That's the cadavre exquis which Rydin mentioned. ;)

Stewlin's idea is nice. I'd be up to it.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:32 am
How about those pictures that are made up of a series of smaller pictures. Like Bart made up of tons of simpson stills. You could make
one of those, pick a picture, divide it into grids, enlarge it, then get people to do one block each. Their block would have to be a picture
in itself, but still keep the dark areas and colors sort of so the whole thing works. You know what i mean.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Scotteh

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 12:02:37 pm
Like AdamTierney 's gift to AIguy sharp?

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 08:53:16 am

Thats how i thought it would work. I've replaced two of the 32*32 tiles with new pictures - one of a soldier watching a biplane and
tank, the other of someone marking a football. But when you zoom out alot it should still look like monalisa. So the idea is everyone
would do a tile until the whole picture is oringinal.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 03:29:24 pm
Sounds cool to me. I'd give 'er a go. The only issue we would have, would be getting everyone to vote on the proper piece of artwork to do this on.

By the way, I can't really spot where your edited 32X32 tile is. All I see is a penis by her left(our right) eye.(I'm being dead serious, I really can't see where your piece is, or define what it is...and yes I did read the description.)
my back hurts...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 04:18:36 pm
While that idea is all well and good there are 2 major problems.

1 - i too own that simpsons poster anf the way it works is that there are millions of tiny images.  And they use 4 colors for the whole poster.  We wouldnt be able to do this without a massive canvas - and it would never get finished.

2 - having a smaller canvas would mean loads of details are lost.

without lots of images this would never be able to work, and i doubt we can get a lot.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 10:14:52 pm
I didn't really spend much time on it, just wanted to show how it works. They are supposed to be:

Maybe if the original picture was twice as large, then the pictures in the tiles could be clearer. Or maybe if the original picture is something
really simple, like a jolly roger, it might work better.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:14 pm
@sharprm: Aaahhh! Now I see what it is. I must have a dirty mind...But uh, yeah, I think we do need a new activity pretty soon, cause the news box hasn't changed for a while. Time to spice things up, ya know.
my back hurts...