AuthorTopic: Pricing error? Pixel book "Character Design for Mobile Device" is only $5 at B&N  (Read 10434 times)

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
A co-worker of mine got this from a publisher for X-Mas and I instantly recognized Gary's (Army of Trolls) sprites on the cover. The book is really amazing - it's a broad overview of pixelling, focusing on a number of aspects of the artform, and showcases folks like Gary, Henk, Tsugumo and many other familiar names.

Here's the odd thing - the book's supposed to be $30 and it's only $5 at Barnes & Noble.   :huh: :o

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780240808086&itm=6

I have to assume this is some kind of pricing error, but since I had a $25 gift card I went ahead and ordered 5 copies for our office. Anyone looking for a great little miscellanea on pixelling should definitely pick this one up.

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint
it's now out of stock unfortunately. Good deal!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps
Damn...I want that....I wonder if the local b&n will have it...... ???
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
it's now out of stock unfortunately. Good deal!

You sure? I checked right now and it's still listed as "Usually ships within 24 hours".

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint
that's weird, I just checked again and it's back in stock. Might've been another one of those glitches

Offline Cow

• View Profile
Nice find. :) I'm gonna find a way to get a copy.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
that's weird, I just checked again and it's back in stock. Might've been another one of those glitches

Maybe I cleaned them out with my 5 copies, and they had to process an order for more or something. I hope B&N is the only one getting screwed on this, and not the author.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:12:08 am by AdamTierney »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest
thanks adam, I went and ordered a copy :)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW
wow, i remember wanting a book like this when i was getting coffee with friends at  barnes and noble.  Definitely gonna get it.