AuthorTopic: parody pixel art  (Read 19507 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: parody pixel art

Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 01:19:43 am
the *.jpg! it burrnnssss!
(honestly, helm should hijack the original post and replace it with the *.gif for greater justice.)

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 08:11:34 am
I kinda like that blown-up jpeg (some sort of 2xsai-filter?). It doesn't hold a candle to snake's wonderful original, of course, but still.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 12:41:33 pm
God damn, that's just beautiful snake.  :lol:

Snake? Snake?? SNAKEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 01:46:34 pm
What the... Digg and Joystick? I can see the headache I got this morning isn't going to fade anytime soon... How on earth did it spread this fast? I honestly didn't think anyone would be interested enough to do this. Especially since it was a private gift...

I've read through the Digg posts. Looks like there's a lot of misunderstandings going on. This Karted person isn't really helping explaining anything. (I can also never forgive him making it a Jpeg...) I see they've copied the link directly from my Photobucket account as well...

I'm registering to Digg. Maybe I can clear up a few things. However, I suspect they won't take me very seriously. I think I'll need some backup on this. I'm worried (yes, worried) that this might spin out of my controll. It's allready spread quite a bit. If people start linking to the rest of my stuff, it's going to be hard to claim ownership or an overview of it all for that matter.

Nice to have it shown to the world, but still...

Have no idea what to do about Joystick though...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 06:13:31 pm
I do believe adam tierney should have consulted with snake to see if he wanted his pixel art spread around the net.

Offline Soup

• Monkey lovvvvvvve
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 06:21:39 pm
Delete the photobucket link.

Offline Soup

• Monkey lovvvvvvve
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 06:31:00 pm
Adam made a huge mistake

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 07:02:37 pm
It'll be okay, as long as you make sure to claim it right away.  I've "digged up" all the pixelation posts by 1.

In the end it was good that hawken posted this "author unknown"(lol) thing so stuff could get out in the open early
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 07:19:38 pm
Apologies to snake. I should have suggested that he Digg the piece instead of doing it myself, but Digg has always been about just throwing interesting articles and pieces into the net so I guess it didn't occur to me. I definitely should have credited him in the posting at the very least. >:( I just figured it was a fantastic piece that a few people on Digg outside of the pixelling circles would get a kick out of. I didn't think it would receive this much attention, or get converted into ass formats and spread to other sites.

I don't think it's a "huge mistake" as Soup makes it out to be, though. :huh: Snake is now credited on the Digg entry, which is linked to in the joystiq entry. I believe I can undigg the article if you want, although that's up to snake. Most people will be linking back to the photobucket link, so snake can always slap a signature on the image, a website, a link to Pixelation, or even take the pic down (or retitle the link) so it dies. I don't see how anything bad could come of it being out there, although (again) I apologize for not having asked snake's permission first.

In the spirit of the season, I'd be willing to buy snake a website and hosting for a year to make it up to him (assuming he doesn't already have a dot-com somewhere). Pixel work as stellar as yours needs a permanent home, and (though I'm not sure what your aspirations are) having a website with samples and a resume' is key to getting regular work in the games industry. And collecting your work all on one site is also an excellent way to prove ownership of artwork, since directories timestamp the date each piece was uploaded. If interested, pm me a list of domain names (in order of preference) and I'll set it up for you.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 07:34:45 pm
That's a nice sentiment to snake, as long as you don't go and digg his portfolio site, if he wants it, without asking him.
god i hate digg