AuthorTopic: -= E M P E R O R =- [21 colors]  (Read 12381 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: -= E M P E R O R =- [20 colors]

Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 08:24:42 pm
His right arm is too small. I tried fixing it but it still may bea bit smallish. I also made it look more like he had a wrist.

You can ignore the other changes i was just stuffing around. I googled dragon sword and was disappointed to find it wasn't some cool japanese ancient weapon but something to do with runescape (+2 attack, -5 hp woo).
So i changed it to an awasome japanese sword type thing but put a dragon in the backgound to give the idea of a sword with a dragon
spirit inside it - dragon longsword.

is that trogdor? ;D
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 11:18:44 pm
His right arm is too small. I tried fixing it but it still may bea bit smallish. I also made it look more like he had a wrist.

You can ignore the other changes i was just stuffing around. I googled dragon sword and was disappointed to find it wasn't some cool japanese ancient weapon but something to do with runescape (+2 attack, -5 hp woo).
So i changed it to an awasome japanese sword type thing but put a dragon in the backgound to give the idea of a sword with a dragon
spirit inside it - dragon longsword.

thats a very nice edit, but I think you are missing the point..

Ill see what I can do anyway ;) thanks very much
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 11:44:47 pm
I probably am missing the point. Like I said, all you need to pay attention to is what i did to his right wrist.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 11:47:02 pm
I probably am missing the point. Like I said, all you need to pay attention to is what i did to his right wrist.

oh alright :P didnt really knew what wrist was sorry :)
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

Offline terminal_arcade

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 12:41:42 am
I also like how sharprm took off a lot of the dithering in making the arm bigger. It looks better with less dithering. (Dithering makes the surface look rough: not so good for skin.)

Also, in your version I find the focus to be rather weak, while sharprm makes the focus of the piece brutally obvious and gives it a lot of force. The man being in such a violent pose to start with, I think a strong focus would convey your theme better in the long run. Just something to consider. (Not necessarily exactly what he did, but somehow bring out a focal point...)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:59 am
Thanx, anyway, I think Im done, hes not acctually suposed to be rambo ^^ but yeh here it is..
I also changed the palette at my friends home ;)

Overall, Im proud of it, this is my third piece that I acctually made in this style, and I mean less colors, AA and dither.

Thanx everyone for helping, u helped me a lot.

Feel free to comment :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 02:34:45 am by Senad »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: -= E M P E R O R =- [21 colors]

Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:30 am
You added more of a wrist so that is good. I like the outside frilly bits. I'm not too keen on the color ramps below the 21 but i guess
if you want to show people what kind of pallete you used then thats probably the best way to do it. Maybe you could put it down the
bottom though. I like how you reshaped the sword. Something that was cool about the last pallete was that it looked like a guy waiting
in a dark place going to wack someone which you lost in this version but thats okay.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Re: -= E M P E R O R =- [21 colors]

Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 12:47:56 am
You added more of a wrist so that is good. I like the outside frilly bits. I'm not too keen on the color ramps below the 21 but i guess
if you want to show people what kind of pallete you used then thats probably the best way to do it. Maybe you could put it down the
bottom though. I like how you reshaped the sword. Something that was cool about the last pallete was that it looked like a guy waiting
in a dark place going to wack someone which you lost in this version but thats okay.

thank you sharp :)