AuthorTopic: No-name WIP(possibly image intensive)  (Read 3739 times)

mysticaurora

No-name WIP(possibly image intensive)

on: September 23, 2005, 02:42:49 pm
The other day I got an idea for a pose. No reason in particular, no goal set in mind. Just an idea.

Jotted down an outline. I couldn't come up with any good poses for her left arm(our right), so I decided I'd put it behind her.

Did a little bit of a clean-up, fixing her legs and ankles.

Decided to actually do something with the left arm instead of being lazy.

...And later changed it to look more natural. Also changed to a sculptey-ish method of forming the base. It proved to be harder to work with than lines.

Gave it another shot this morning, tweaking features here and there, trying to get accurate proportions. Threw in a base wall(which she will be leaning against) to see how it will look. I'm awful with backgrounds, so I didn't do anything for the background.

C+C, as usual. If I add more to the WIP, I'll clean up this post's organization with an edit so it doesn't take up 5 pages. >_>;

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Re: No-name WIP(possibly image intensive)

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 05:17:42 pm
Proportions look ok, if you intended her to be a taller person.  Her ribcage seems to be missing though.  Legs could stand to be in a more dynamic pose, right now shes looking like a carboard cutout leaned against a wall rather than a person.  The lack of shading/volume of course lends to this but I suspect the legs are adding to it as well.  Hard to tell.  Not much to say about it at this point.  No need to post the progress pics.

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 09:56:58 am
I think the progress pictures help us alot more see the work they've gone through for their piece.

I think that the wall is not the right angle for her. It should be adjusted/rotated way more clockwise (right), to fit her.

Great work on the character base, however.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 05:00:27 pm
When you are leaning against the wall your feet are usually directly against the wall or close to it.  That is why this appears to be a cardboard cut out.
Proud to be a BMS team: