AuthorTopic: dont you hate it when..  (Read 9275 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: dont you hate it when..

Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 05:59:31 am
helm: thanks! dont worry, ill get rid of you once i get a big anatomy book for christmas.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 06:00:34 am
Please don't get rid of me. I need a home. Just as the family is starting to like me!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 07:11:39 am
how would a more dynamic angle do anything other than show more weakness?
i'd like to point out, that working at another angle gives you the opportunity to examine the subject from an alternative view, and in doing so, you get opportunities to learn new things. It's not about doing things correctly at this stage, moreso it's about improving yourself, because chances are things will never be exactly perfect.
Something which looks one way from one angle can look entirely different from another, and it's in looking both ways in which you understand more. When you stick to one perspective, you only get better at that perspective..
Just thought id mention this seeing as people are suggesting to try different things, thinking you are being repetitive as far as i understand..

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 04:20:35 pm
Things that show more weakness are highly desirable  ;D

I like this piece partially for its anatomy "flaws", however -- one would not automatically expect an alien to have human proportions, so the tall-thinness and the long-armness and all the various curiosities give it an alien sensibility.

Also, yeah, things with extra eyes are cool.  :lol: No crits from me (I could say that mirroring is always anticlimactic, but that would be redundant).

(Your pictures in this style usually remind me of some kind of "guidebook to monsters", where you would expect the pictures to be in a non-dynamic, cataloguish pose -- they're very effective in that sense :))

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 04:26:29 pm
It's not about doing things correctly at this stage, moreso it's about improving yourself, because chances are things will never be exactly perfect.
that sentance clears things up for me.
checkworth: there are more flaws than just the proportions. i really do need to get of the mirroring thing though, last time i have an excuse, because i was under a time restraint.

thanks for ALL the comments everybody.