AuthorTopic: dont you hate it when..  (Read 9278 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: dont you hate it when..

Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 04:37:51 am
This suffers from what most of your pieces suffer: invented anatomy, fixed pose, mirroring. It also enjoys nice colors and interesting effects. I don't know on what level it is useful to critique your art if you insist on not looking up your fundamental anatomical faults, and keep making straight-ahead chests'n'arms beings.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 04:56:46 am
you get a lot of your ideas from the illuminati eh?
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:54 am
helm: to a certain extent, does not everybody"invent" there anatomy? surely when doing a piece from pure knowledge, you will make musclegroups similair from time to time? its not like im making up muscles, i could name all the muscles that im portraying in this piece. other than proportions, which ive purposefuly neglected, there arent any faults that really jump out at me. is the anatomy work on my pieces so bad that i cant even get an edit? if my work is this faulted at a mere anterior view, would it even make sense to make a more dynamic piece?
.takam: ohh, all i really know about the illuminati is that they were in the da vinci code. apparently the pyramid with the horus eye is one of there symbols, which was a basis of the design of "pyramid head" but there was no inspiration in this piece.
this piece was made after seeing the preview image of the first piece in this thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85087
thinking that it would be cool if that part of the image was the chest, and he would have a "jinzo" like neck (yu-gi-oh).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:14:37 am by Ryumaru »

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 05:13:53 am
helm: to a certain extent, does not everybody"invent" there anatomy? surely when doing a piece from pure knowledge, you will make musclegroups similair from time to time? its not like im making up muscles, i could name all the muscles that im portraying in this piece. other than proportions, which ive purposefuly neglected, there arent any faults that really jump out at me. is the anatomy work on my pieces so bad that i cant even get an edit? if my work is this faulted at a mere anterior view, would it even make sense to make a more dynamic piece?
.takam: illuminati?

What Helm said has a lot more to do with your subject matter. In other words, you might want to try something new or more challenging. Perhaps, more interesting angles?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 05:15:33 am
a lot of your recent stuff has pyramids/triangles and things with one eye :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 05:16:54 am
Upper anatomy looks solid for the most part. Arms, chest, and abs all look anatomically similar to normal humans, taking into account style. Shoulder/neck area is a bit confusing, but they work.

Legs, on the otherhand, are looking pretty meh. You said before your understanding of lower body anatomy is weak. Man up and learn it. I see things exaggerated that shouldn't and vice-versa. Of course, it's largely a matter of personal style but I can make an edit to show what I think would correlate better to the established muscle pattern of the upper body.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:18:38 am by pkmays »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 05:22:33 am
gliding: but if my anatomy is so faulted, then how would a more dynamic angle do anything other than show more weakness?
takam: yeah, but thats more my cyclops fetish and less illuminati. maybe a subconcious inspiration of my fascination of egyptian mythology years past?
pkmays: that edit would be very much appreciated!
until then:

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 05:35:25 am
ryu the obvious route would be to improve your anatomy not find clever ways to hide it.

At any rate, I was merely  pointing out the message in helm's post. You have to learn reality in order to stlyize it correctly. It's a waste of time if you don't.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 05:41:16 am
Edit? Sure. dunno how I'd do it better than a book on anatomy, but here you go.

Here is a psd file also http://www.locustleaves.com/lolxi1.psd

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 05:46:59 am
All it takes is effort. You already have splendid aesthetic sense with colour,Ryu, you just need more direction.

lovely edit Helm.