AuthorTopic: Four for one special.  (Read 4859 times)

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Four for one special.

on: September 23, 2005, 02:17:59 am

A little sprite I did.

MadToaster inspired me also. I made this awhile ago, but wasn't worth it's own topic.

This will be finished, I promise...

I like to call this one "Stealing From Monsoon."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:54:46 am by David »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Re: Two for one special.

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:35:59 am
frank jeager = mufucken sex on toast!
alexander

Offline lief

• View Profile

Re: Two for one special.

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 05:49:20 am
1.  This image could benefit from a couple of extra shades, or some palette adjustment.  I suggest monochromatic, and pull the hair back to a closer shade to skin, or some darkening of hair tone anyway, along with desaturation.  The lighter suit color also needs desaturation.  looks like the actual pixels need tidying here and there.  needs more work on it before any other c&c i'd guess.

2.  This is more like it.  The face shading is good, needs some work around the neck.  The hair looks post-applied... doesn't seem to merge with the image in anyway.  Shadowing from the hair will help this.  I think you tried to applied too much detail to the hair, you find you should block in the major areas of lighting for hair.  Treat it almost as non shadowing material, using highlights to build volume, which is a no-no usually.   After this is done, you can extend small sections of highlights and shade following the direction of hair to add the texture.  Keep in mind that usually separation of hair or major tonal variety is only reason you will see this in a big way, so don't do too much.   You can control the type of hair by the length and direction of the added detail.  Good luck, keep at it.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Re: Three for one special.

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 09:33:40 pm

Comments and critiques would be the bee's knees, hombres.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 03:22:51 am by David »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 03:23:00 am
ive told you all i can say through aim. I love them all, i usually witness them first hand too, i get to see all the progress shots :) the hair still looks very wig like though...i think it mostly has to do with the shape :S
alexander

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 04:45:09 am
That boxing sprite is actually my favorite.  I'd say: get rid of the dithered pixel on his belly, add another pixel of the darker red shade to the left of the one on his glove, and you're golden.  I really like the pose, the implied detail, and the color separation.

The hairy head is good, too.  Nice colors and detailing, the hair is reasonably hairy-looking, pretty nice all around.  I'd move the back of the neck in a couple of pixels, though.
rip ninjalicious

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Re: Four for one special.

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 10:00:00 pm
Thanks for the kind words, Sawtooth. I'll play around with him a little bit.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:55:13 am by David »