AuthorTopic: [Wip] Rs related.. Help needed!  (Read 12345 times)

Offline and2

• View Profile

[Wip] Rs related.. Help needed!

on: December 22, 2006, 10:14:07 am
hey guys,
I'm still fairly knew to the community and am hoping to improve. i have started a pixel signature and need a bit of help. i am not sure where to go from here...

I would love your opinions, CC, and ideas thanks
~and2

update:
skin..

bad update  :(:

update:

update:

(thanks Ryumaru and Senad for the helpful edits)

update:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:38:35 am by and2 »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: [Wip] Rs related.. Help needed!

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:23:27 am
Nice lineart. I think you need to redo the shading. The shading on the cape suggests a light source from the right, yet if this was the case
then the cape would be in shadow. Thats its main problem.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:55:10 pm
This is pretty darn sweet for a Runescape signature  ;D Dynamic pose, nifty whip, long green coat!

Assorted crits:

-- I think the head is too small?
-- As mentioned, your lightsource needs to be better defined. You've got some tricky shading with the cloak but I'm confident you can do it :)
-- You're using *wayyyy* too many colors, especially for this stage of the piece. Try to trim out the colors that you don't need -- it will make edits easier. Once you block out the basic shading in 2 or three colors, *then* think about whether you want more colors.

Looking forward to an update -- this is nice. :)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 05:13:34 pm
Very good quality for a RS related signeture, the quality of peoples work seems to diminish when dealing with runescape for some reason..., the only things I see at initial glance, are

-to small head (already mentioned)
-the whip, I don't think it should bend in mid air,it might bend on the gound, but not if it is handing off of a cliff, the ending would be straight

but, an overall nice job :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 05:39:44 pm
you're dithering is only giving your character a lot of unwanted texture, you are using so many colours so dithering in most areas wouldn't make a difference, I find it funny that people think dithering is like a necessity with pixel sigs, it's just not, only dither where needed to smoothen the transition between two colours or to purposely give texture to an object, you've just dithered everything and everywhere. Take your characters head for example, you've dithered were you could have been using the shades to define the shape of his nose, eyes, cheeks.. you definately need more contrast in your colours, and only dither after you think your shading is correct, and see if there are any areas you think 'need' it.

your colour choices are dark, and your lighter green tones don't compliment, it just looks like green velvet. your character's skin is very yellow, add some tones of red, blues in your shadowing, no nothing 'too' obvious.. I've said that and people have just chosen bright blue as a shadow. when you're selecting your shades, don't be scared to move your selector left or right slightly into other Hues, it'll make a hell of a lotta difference..

His chest muscles don't look right, and Im thinking his head is too small. otherwise this is a better quality than I've seen from others in the past (with runescape signatures). I see you're trying to get it too look more realistic, the only way to do that is to look at 'reality' look up reference pictures, get the muscles right, observe body positions, test colour combinations just anything to get it looking how you want it to look.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline commodore

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 06:01:12 pm
A signature with this size :O? Doesn't it get a bit uncomfortable to browse the forums?

Offline Ping Pong

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 07:32:53 pm
The party hat looks like it is about to fall off of his head and at the top where it connects it looks like his skull is actually dented in.  Other than that it looks really good :D  If you sell it like most people do you will get well over 10 mil for it.

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 01:44:51 am
Well here is a small update on the skin. I still need to work on all the other things you guys have commented on.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 04:13:48 am by and2 »

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 03:10:37 am
 :n: :n:oh god No. :n: :n:

change
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/197/helponskin2qy1.png[/img]
into
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/197/helponskin2qy1.png[/img]