AuthorTopic: user names...  (Read 36246 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: user names...

Reply #80 on: January 31, 2007, 05:57:29 pm
I was formerly known as Shadow Wolf, but it sounded a bit immature to me. Helm pointed that out further, thank you Helm :D.
I like the word shadow though. So I simply changed to the Latin word for shadow: Opacus.

So you honestly changed your name to Opacus because YOU felt it was immature, or morever, because another member said it was immature? I really hope it wasn't the latter. I mean, why should any one give a rats arse as to who does and doesn't like their name? As long as you like it, screw everybody else's opinion.
   But if you changed it cause you thought it childish, or just not satisfied with the name yourself, then thats cool.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:01:01 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 06:04:13 pm
Nope, not JUST because Helm said it. Mostly because I was really starting to dislike it, that Helm noted it was kind off the final push.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #82 on: January 31, 2007, 06:29:25 pm
Mirre is totally unrelated to my irl name, but it is an actual (nick)name used in Sweden. The whole thing started when I was 13 and got a book in birthday present from a friend. In this book there was a character, an awesome princess named Miriamele, and she was my favourite character. I started to play Graal (MMORPG with graphics very similar to LOZ) and I used Miriamele for a nick there. And then I joined my first forum when I was 14 or so... only I needed a nickname and in the spur of a moment I took Miriamele and shortened it to Mirre. I have no idea why, I just did because I liked the sound of it. I sort of made a character based on me to go with the name, and added things I liked to it (cat ears and tail), mostly stuff related to inside jokes (giant key, I was a mod there).

And then a couple of years ago I found this little book in one of our summer cottages. I had forgotten about it, but I used to read it when I was a kid. Maybe this whole cat-persona called Mirre was something subconscious anyways, haha.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #83 on: January 31, 2007, 08:33:52 pm
I remember there was a girl that walked around campus with a cat tail and cat ears all day everyday. I doubt her name was Mirre though. It was probably something more like Jennifer, but everyone just knew her as "the chick with the cat tail and ears".

That is kind of strange though, Mirre. I hope there's nothing in my past that lead me to Blick because I would be really creeped out. Although the name of the main character of Taxi Driver is Travis Bickle, and my real name is Travis, and alias is Blick, which is kind of close and Taxi Driver is one of my favorite movies of all time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:36:52 pm by Blick »

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #84 on: February 02, 2007, 04:17:07 am
Just decided I wanted to use a different way of spelling Corinne.

Offline Echo

• View Profile
    • distractionware

Reply #85 on: February 04, 2007, 01:07:01 am
I read "Ready Ok!" by Adam Cadre, and really liked the character "Echo". Sin E.

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: July 19, 2007, 05:05:57 pm
heh, sorry for bumping.

my first name is näthan, my last name used to be künstler but my mother married a man with a different name.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:08:24 pm by lilwing »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #87 on: July 19, 2007, 07:46:42 pm
Wuh, so your father was names Kuenstler with last name. But now your mother has a new guy? I see no reason for you not keeping the original name of your father. I know I would.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #88 on: July 20, 2007, 02:58:24 am
i may get a name change. i didn't get to choose, i was very young.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: July 20, 2007, 03:16:12 am
Adarias is an old character of mine from a few years ago, I forget who he actually was but it was medieval enough to use on the AoE2 battle networks and from there it stuck.  Eventually I'd like to phase it out.

Don'tEatBadgers, another of my screennames, was pure 11-year-old randomness, I'm phasing it out too.

My real name is Nathan D. Christie, so nChristie, n.christie, or NdChristie works best for me; im slowly moving those into place

Other places though i'm still going to use the name my friends call me, Unicorn Rainbow Sunshine or unicronrsunshine because it is just so tremendously gay (and therefore funny to me) that I cannot possibly give it up completely.  I have the sense of humor of an 8 year old.

Name changes are strange.  My mother married and became Lorraine Christie, which she still keeps even though she is now divorced for almost as long as she was married.  My grandmother is still Virginia Balestier despite being abbandoned by a cold, heartless excuse for a man.  I do not know if my father's first wife took his name, or if she ever changed back, as we never met.  My step mother hyphenated her name with her first husband to be Wolfgang-Smith, then was divored and married my father and became Wolfgang-Christie, but her girls my step-sisters are still Wolfgang-Smiths.  I have cousins who, rather than merge the names of their parents to be Christie-Handlesman, are simply David Christie and Joshua Handlesman, despite having the same parents with no divorce.  It's screwy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:24:37 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.