AuthorTopic: user names...  (Read 36253 times)

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Re: user names...

Reply #60 on: December 23, 2006, 07:23:50 pm
Aleiav was actually Alieav at first.

I picked Alieav when I started dolling. It came originally from my favorite font Aleia, but I added a V to it to make it different. Then after awhile I switched it to Aleiav because it looked visually better.

Although people spell it wrong ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME and it drives me insane because it doesn't take two seconds to go back or scroll down and look at my name and spell it right. I could understand if it was 8 letters long but it's only like six letters long. I always try to spell people's names correctly. *shrug*

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: December 25, 2006, 02:34:18 pm
I was GOING to post until SOMEBODY revealed my great secret.  Thanks.
Hey, don't blame me for making you tell me!

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #62 on: December 26, 2006, 06:25:49 am
Zachary Allen Schultz

check it, but I'd like to go by oak, I like that word.
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: December 26, 2006, 01:25:49 pm
when I made my first debut on the internet, it was with the username "patricklissaman"

Your name can easily become "patricklissaman" so thats another reason why .TakaM is better.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #64 on: December 26, 2006, 01:47:43 pm
Your name can easily become "patricklissaman" so thats another reason why .TakaM is better.
haha.. wait.. my internet alias is better than my real name? :o
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #65 on: December 26, 2006, 01:53:36 pm
My real name is Telemachus Stavropoulos. No alias could ever top the awesome of that.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: December 26, 2006, 02:11:43 pm
My real name is Telemachus Stavropoulos. No alias could ever top the awesome of that.

Telemachus Stavropoulos
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #67 on: December 27, 2006, 04:03:14 am

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #68 on: December 27, 2006, 11:54:57 am
Telemachus Stavropoulos

That's one sharp eye.. nice decoding skills.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: December 27, 2006, 01:22:27 pm
I picked Faceless because on the internet your real identity often becomes secondary to your alias, so it seemed fitting.
Sadly, everyone else on the internet seems to use it too, prompting me to have so many forgotten usernames it's not funny.
I suppose the reason the name popped into my head in the first place is due to Mabelode the Faceless - the King of Chaos - in Michael Moorcock's (now there's a name) Eternal Champion series.

In real life, my nickname is J-Crow which comes from the phonetical combination of my first and last names. It was invented by my first namesake to annoy me during maths. He'd call out "J-Crow" and when I turned around to find out what he wanted, he'd hold up a poorly drawn crow wearing a top hat with the letter J emblazened on the front, and reply "I was talking about the J-Crow." From there the name stuck, much to my chagrin at first. On the upside, he couldn't annoy me in maths anymore. Or at least, not like that.