AuthorTopic: -= THE COMET OF DESTINY =- - 200x188 - 12 colors !! [FINISHED]  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile
Hello, this is my new piece, I used 12 colors with latest update, cc, rate, anything, thanx
Orginal idea + colors

Now 15 colors !

Now 12 colors !

I think its finished now.. 12 colors

I would apriciate if you post anything !
Thanx, BJ
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 01:21:32 am by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline Minitzonthesun

• View Profile

Re: -= THE COMET OF DESTINY =- -- 14 colors !!

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:34 am
Whoa!  I have had a reaccuring dream for years now about a comet hitting the earth and it looks just like this.  Very creepy.  Damn good job! :y: :y: :y:

Offline eqko

• ehr !?
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:31 am
the fire & clouds of the tail are very impressive on the other hand, i don't like the tip at all ...

imo, something that comes bursting through our sky at breakneck speeds
able to produce flames and heatclouds like that in it's tail won't look like what you have now

it would be the hottest/brightest part of the entire thing
previously known as equinoxx

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 11:12:25 am
Hi, BjJoker.

Its your old friend Rerg. :P Glad to see you here!.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:50:04 pm
the fire & clouds of the tail are very impressive on the other hand, i don't like the tip at all ...

imo, something that comes bursting through our sky at breakneck speeds
able to produce flames and heatclouds like that in it's tail won't look like what you have now

it would be the hottest/brightest part of the entire thing

thanx, but could u be little more clear.. what do u mean, should I make the "rock" wai brighter ? :P
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:52:24 pm
Looking awesome ole beejay!

Yeah, I think that the 'rock' should basically be all white, since the air is colliding with its' sides at thousands of miles per hour, so I expect the friction to have caused a lot of heat :)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 01:08:33 pm
Al right ill make it white>bright-greenish coz its some special metheor.. like a overheated greenish crystal..:P

thanx ceddo

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 02:06:16 pm
U think its better now ?

15 colors

I may make this green even brighter.. or maybe remove and keep 14 colors.. ?

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 02:24:07 pm
The art looks nice and I have no crits atm.

Another thing tho, please try to spell nicer. U, R, wai and stuff like that gets annoying fast. This forum has a Spell Check feature and Firefox 2 has spell check built in. It's not that hard, no matter how old you are.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 04:03:38 pm
That's crazy awesome!

The only thing that's kinda bugging me is the solid patches of yellow-orange around the white streaks... they kinda stick out more than the dithered areas... although I'm not sure how you'd change it.

Anyway, awesome work for only 15 colors! :D

EDIT: Okay, i think i see what's bugging me now:

The areas inside the blue look really blocky to me... I think just dithering them a bit would fix it up, though.

Also, the second-lightest white-orange color and the white-green colors are almost near invisible, and seem to just blend in with the solid white right now. I would darken the orange a tiny bit, and replace the light green completely with the same color in the flames and smoke. I'd change the green of the meteor to a different shade of green, as I couldn't see he color until I zoomed all the way in (might as well make it white/white-orange in its current state)

Hope that helps :) Again, awesome job!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:19:14 pm by Rynen10K »

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 06:08:37 pm
Well thank you very much, and to you up there hehe, I can spell right if I want to, but I spell right only if I write letters or if I'm in school you know, I'm 17 if you wonder :) and english is my 3rd language. It happends pretty often that I write like that just becouse I'm in a hury or if I dont think about it. I am sorry if it bothers you, I will try to spell right from now and on, but I can not garantee anything :-[.

Thank you very much for that suggestion, now after reading your message and saw your picture, that part started to bother me too.. I will try my best to fix it and try to remove couple more colors maybe ;)

Thank you, BJ :y: I'll be posting comming updates :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 06:10:29 pm by Senad »

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 08:18:00 pm
al right... now iv been pixeling pretty much since no more school, I got a break :)

So here it is, new update.. I tried to fix everything u said and even dithered and added some AA a bit more where I thought it looks sharp and wierd..

Now 12 colors !

So, what do you think now? :D

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Re: -= THE COMET OF DESTINY =- - 200x188 - 12 colors !! [UPDATED]

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 08:52:44 pm
I think the composition is really lacking. The main focus of the piece is cut-off and tucked in a corner.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 09:04:31 pm
Well my acctually idea wasnt to have it 200x188.. but it is for one contest and I had to have it like that.. also If i wanted to make a comet that u can see the top and the smoke behind it.. I had to do like this.. I know its lacking.. bad position.. but what do you think about the piece, any suggestions? thats a good thing u said there, but as i said, i can not do anything about it.. ;)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 09:17:30 pm
I suggest shifting the image ten pixels to the right. Nothing in that area really adds to the piece as much as fixing the composition slightly will.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 09:38:27 pm
All right thanx :) Ill do what I can :)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 09:49:15 pm
It looks really rough and scrappy.
check out these 2 pieces below, and how smooth they are (the second isnt complete but it shows you how to go about creating smoke and you can see how it would look).  smooth is a fluid and therefore flows.  the palette and composition is ok - you just need to refine your pixel placement a lot more.

By henk nieborg.

im 90% sure this is by st0ven.  i cant remember.

i think using more black would add a lot more depth to this piece also.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 10:05:17 pm
well i dont know if i can do more on this one.. i got 2 days left.. but Im sure ill be practicing on that u just told me ! thanx very much ;)

awesome pixels !
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:52:57 pm by Senad »

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 01:19:08 am
I think its finished now.. 12 colors