AuthorTopic: Chibi bases  (Read 8616 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Chibi bases

on: December 17, 2006, 10:51:59 pm
Indeed the secret is out, i'm actually a doller.  :P

Basically having trouble with the feet at the moment, and i think the lower legs are causing me some troubles too. Yes she has no fingers or toes, yes her head is huge, yes she has no nose... haha.

If you think anything else needs pointing out don't be afraid to say. Wanna get this done tonight really.
Cheers~

[EDIT: changed title]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:00:00 am by Larwick »

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Re: Female base

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:59:47 pm
sexy!

I beleive the feet are too big :) and now that I look at your post, I see that you're struggling with them. I think the huge head is alright, i like the chibi look XD

Her body look superb, loving the waist/abdominal area!!! looks perfect.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 11:09:17 pm
Thanks ceddo, glad it appeals.

After talking it through with the rest of the team we may be adding toes, or i might try a pointier, more feminine approach to the feet (without toes).

-----------------------------------

Alright, thanks again. Everything's sorted (used toes). You can comment if you like but no more help is needed here.  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 11:31:24 pm by Larwick »

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:48:23 am
I think her feet are just fine, what I'm having a problem with are her shoulders, both of them seem somewhat dislocated.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:55:10 am
So... you're done with crits, or done with foot crits? Don't know if it still applies then, but I did a small facial edit.

I'm assuming the no nose thing was a stylistic choice, but it's something to think about, maybe :P Also, bigger lips, I think, add umm... femininity (if that's even a word)? I dunno... again, just some stuff to think about.
Also, purely personal preference, but... pure black is the devil's medium.  :-X

Great work as always; I really like it. The body is sweet, just the face seemed a little simple.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:04:05 am
@cave: Ah yes, earlier i realised the collarbones were too highly placed, so i've fixed that. Not sure if that was the main source of the problem though, but it may help. The rest of the team can't really see any other faults with the shoulders, if you can let me know why they look dislocated that would help alot. Cheers for the comment.

@trem: Omg pro edit trem. Yeah, the no-nose thing is a stylistic choice, even though many don't look half bad (such as yours works very well) it just won't work with the style we're going for. Your lips are very nice, much better than the ones i tried before, i'll try and improve upon my own with yours as reference. I also love the way you did the eyes, and the crease above the eyelid that i tried to incorporate before but just couldnt, really looks good here. The generic mouth and eyes will have plenty of variations, so your edit will defintely help inspire others, and improve upon the ones at hand.

To be honest i didn't notice i was working with pure black, didn't cross my mind. But i agree it's not very nice against the 70-lightness purple. I'll see what i can do about changing it.

Thanks alot for the comments guys. We really appreciate the input.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 08:52:49 pm
hey, I love the way you coloured her, nice job on it :y:

I've to agree with Cave that the shoulders look dislocated, they just seem to be .."hanging" there. I think it's because the arms are pressed to the body like that, I know the pose you're going for but still it looks odd to me...

not that I could've done better btw.
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:37:23 pm
Aww! She looks so adorable! ^_^
I absolutely love the way you designed her. So cute!

As someone who understands chibi art, I think you nailed the look. I really don't see anything off with her. Only thing I'd suggest is to make her neck more slender.

Again, such a cute style! I hope to see more! ^_^

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:11:06 pm
Thanks everyone muchly. It's very good to know people like it, seeing as these will be used for the new online rpg, Lost Rune.

@Ryona: Made a subtle edit to her neck, when it was too thin it looked very odd (with the huge head) but hopefully this is enough.

Oh and we gave in to noses..

Most recent:

Basically looking for help with the male one, as it's not has as much refinement as the female base.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 11:26:11 pm
hey, looks cool. first though, the male waist is too curvy. also, i think you could have straightened out the outline more by ditching the weird black and purple outline you're doing and making it smoother. and ummmm, eyebrows could be AAed more.

i like though