AuthorTopic: Cthullhu Tamagotchi  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Greenwing

• View Profile

Cthullhu Tamagotchi

on: December 17, 2006, 05:44:10 pm

i made this a while back for a call of cthulhu CCG (collectable card game) forum the game is more or less dead now but lovecraft is always cool. if you are wondering what that symbol in the down left corner is, its just some horror symbol used in the game, causing characters/creatures going insane...

C&C would be fun but not at all necessary i might change it...

something i have been wondering about allot since i started oogling around this forum is all about palette things i just choose colors of photoshops big palette with lots of bits and whatnot... i get the feeling that its not really good to have to many colors? how do i find all those old school c64 palettes?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:01:51 am by Greenwing »
I really enjoy yellow.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: Cthullhu tamaguchi

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 02:18:18 am
Where's 'is wings?

Look a bit big for the screen area to do anything other that sleep and crawl.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:41:41 am
Aww... That's very cute.  :)

Is that a baby Zoidberg? hehe

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:28:33 am
Is that a baby Zoidberg? hehe

Nah, Cthulhu. :P

Looking at the title I was expecting some kind of cthulhu a la japanese salary man, due to "Tamaguchi" bein a Japanese surname. But I guess you meant Tamagotchi.

Design wise, I guess the idea is nice, but shouldn't cthulhu be smaller?
I mean, right now it is sleeping sideways, and almost fills the whole screen. That meaning it wouldnt be able to stand.
Pixel art wise, I guess you wanted to keep the tamagotchi feeling for the creature, but the GUI (if it can be called like that) could use a lot more work.
It looks flat and well, I guess it could be more detailed (AA'd, usage of a more interesting palette, adding highlights etc etc).

As for the c64 palettes, here is a link to a post ptoing made with information regarding that.
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=1618.msg19540#msg19540
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 09:36:49 am by Panda »

Offline Greenwing

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 10:01:26 am
surt I think i have seen pictures of cthulhu where he is wingless... if that is unreasonable i guess i could get away with that this is young cthulhu... i mean like just a couple of weeks old not a couple of i don't know million years? so they are undeveloped.  :P

Ryona it could have been baby zoidberg though i mean its fairly cthulhu is zoidbergs father...  ;D

Panda Ah I should have checked that spelling out i guess..

yeah he should be smaller but i made this to the forum i wanted people to see what it was... since i am not too skilled but i could try making him smaller... but also all he kind of does is sleep, unless the stars happens to be right.
and when i made it i avoided using more than one color except backround since Tamagotchis as far as i know only use one color?
but i could try making an upgrade.

and thanks for the link  ::)
I really enjoy yellow.