AuthorTopic: spaceship, house and more...  (Read 39918 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: spaceship and house

Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 08:20:47 pm
kenneth, im intrigued by all this, and am wondering about how the texture mapping process goes. is it a fast and quick process? When I use to try to texture map models it was so frustrating.. these look amazing by the way..

edit: also, seeing some pics of the models without textures would be educational..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:49:38 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 08:37:08 pm
choppers are a pain aren't they!!  I did one at very similar specs, but ended up going for a chunkier look, I just couldn't get the windshield area to read.  Yours does very nicely in that regard.  One thing I noticed when I was doing mine was that once the blades started to spin I had to make the ends of them very wide to read well at high speeds - though really I bet that could be done procedurally - like only widen the blades once they get up to a certain speed?  anyways neat stuff as usual :)

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 09:00:33 pm
could you please, pleasy try to make the chopper in a style like the plane?
i realise that'd be hard, what with rotors eating up much more polygons then simple wings, but i'd love to see it, just stylewise

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 09:08:48 pm
This is freaking awesome! 3d and pixel art combined ....that's just beautiful...
 is it  possible that you can make vids/pics on how this is done?  <I doubt that it will be simple though, and it's just a wishful thinking>.

Offline PoV (aka DrgnMaX)

• I can read your mind
    • View Profile
    • Click this and find out

Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 10:44:10 pm
Wow... that house.  Wow.  The rest are pretty cool, but wow, that house!  :D

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 10:53:33 pm
mmm...I <3 low poly models. Reminds me of a robot a member did a good while ago (AdamAtomic?). That house is seriously awesome (by far my favorite, although they all look great).

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Reply #36 on: December 22, 2006, 09:12:18 am
Coolest think I've seen in ages, wish I knew a 3D package would love to have a go at making something like these. Will have to learn in the new year I guess.

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #37 on: December 22, 2006, 06:26:21 pm
can you please do a screen record of you doing this? i would love to see how its done. I barley know how to posen 3dstudio, nevermind use it!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: December 22, 2006, 06:38:20 pm
Question though... if you used this technique, texturing 3-D models and so on, would it be considered pixel-art? At least if you do it in this way.
Say I make an RPG, I pixel some textures, build some models, then angle the camera down at 45 degrees and start taking screenshots for different directions and posted it, would it be allowed?

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #39 on: December 22, 2006, 06:40:55 pm
Question though... if you used this technique, texturing 3-D models and so on, would it be considered pixel-art? At least if you do it in this way.
Say I make an RPG, I pixel some textures, build some models, then angle the camera down at 45 degrees and start taking screenshots for different directions and posted it, would it be allowed?
now that you told us.....no.

jklol, i dont think so though. pixel art is every pixel placed by hand.