AuthorTopic: [wip]an LJ icon for a friend [updated 1.22.07]  (Read 9808 times)

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Re: [wip]an LJ icon for a friend [updated 1.22.07]

Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 05:14:31 am
You saw this on tip.it?  Mind finding the link for me?  I'm not a member there and I haven't played runescape in a year or so..

Panda - would you mind explaining more what you mean? Because from a quick glance at your edit it seems like you simply made everything smaller, I didn't really see too many differences other than making the size of the eye more proportional and realistic.
I'll study it more when I get a change tomorrow, but I'd still appreciate further explanation if you can, thanks ;)

Offline ptepid

• Token Lurker
    • View Profile
    • ptepid's repository

Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 05:40:21 am
leel: I think the nose looks a fair bit flatter in your rendition than the photo. Needs to be a bit more tapered around the middle (not as wide), and the tip should be more rounded. The nostrils are a bit too small also. Panda did a good version of it in his edit, the general shape of the end of the nose is closer to that.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 06:57:48 am
Panda - would you mind explaining more what you mean? Because from a quick glance at your edit it seems like you simply made everything smaller, I didn't really see too many differences other than making the size of the eye more proportional and realistic.
I'll study it more when I get a change tomorrow, but I'd still appreciate further explanation if you can, thanks ;)

Practically what you had mixed sizes and looked unproportioned. Some elements were kept big (eyes, nose), and some others weren't (shape of the face overall) and made it look swollen.
Also the shapes and volume weren't too loyal to the reference you were using. I guess you got carried on the dithering.

On the edit,
- I changed the shape of the eyes, pulled down the one on the right, and moved both so it would look more like in the reference.
- I made the nose thinner, and pulled it up and changed the nostrils.
- Moved the curve of the eyebrow a tad but kept its size.
- And overall I moved the hair to the right, made the face a tad thinner.
So yeah, I didnt change much, just cropped, painted over and moved stuff.

Anyway, the thing is that if you are going to increase the size of something, you should do it with everything else too.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 10:35:19 pm
You saw this on tip.it?  Mind finding the link for me?  I'm not a member there and I haven't played runescape in a year or so..

mmmm I have searched for quite some time, and I cannot find it.....I might have mistaken this forum with tip.it...I doubt it though..I'll keep looking...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 08:20:03 pm
Well, given the attention we've had from tip it lately, i wouldn't say it's unlikely that a bad apple wandered over here and tried to pass themselves off as leel back home.