AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 323023 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Re: Introductions

Reply #820 on: July 04, 2008, 11:37:37 pm
word up!  hah, finally glad to see you posted here!  have a nice stay on board and wish you quick improvement!  BEER KVLT SUPREMACY! :)
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #821 on: July 06, 2008, 06:29:53 am
your'e a wannabe pussy???...ok

Offline Monk

• View Profile

Reply #822 on: July 08, 2008, 02:22:29 am
Well... I mean I want to try some pixel stuff too, you know.. My english sucks, but I'm trying!  :lol:

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #823 on: July 09, 2008, 08:09:20 am
(i certainly should have done this earlier, but well)

I'm Sylvain, which is hard to speak in anything else than French, so you can just call me "Pype". And the "Bros." is a reference to my fanship to SuperMario, Yoshi and Zelda games -- and to the fact that i'm currently working on games for the Nintendo DS system.

I'm more a coder than a pixel artist, and that since the age of 10 (roughly speaking) on the antic (but venerated) Commodore 64. I'm interested in drawing since even earlier, but i never really took painting course, unfortunately. I sometimes manage to put some nice pixels together, but i certainly still have much to learn in this area. Hue shifting ... saturation slider ... dynamic poses... All terms that i never heard of before signing up on this board. I'm somehow in quest for the "golden rules" of pixelation, but i'm nearly 30 years old, too, so i might give you the feeling of a lazy bastard not putting enough pride on his work while i'm simply too busy doing the washing up and gardening :P

I also suck at pixelating with a mouse on a regular painting program and stay away from Windows OS (so if you see fresh pixels of mine, it's likely meaning that it's been pixelated on the Nintendo DS itself ;) ), so i hope you'll stand my poor habbit of doing comments on gameplay, gaming hardware and the like, while i should maybe focus more on pure graphics aspects.

10 print "Hello, Board"
20 goto 10

Offline cce

• View Profile

Reply #824 on: July 12, 2008, 05:16:00 pm
Hi all!

I'm not quite sure how did I discover this board, I just found myself lurking around in here  ;D

So, I'm a guy from Finland and I do programming and drawing on my spare time and I used to do pixel-art some time ago, and now I just got the feeling I need to start it again. And that's because of you in these forums, thank you.

It seems there are nice people and fantastic artists around here, I hope I'll learn a lot here.

-cce

Offline GIAKEN

• View Profile
    • Online Game Core

Reply #825 on: July 13, 2008, 12:35:03 am
I just found this community  :)

Anyways, I'm Giaken. Been working with gaming for about 4 years on various engines. I'm a Visual Basic programmer. I'm one of the owners of OGCore (Online Game Core), a game engine community and I own and program on my engine. I work with several different games. I'm not really good with pixeling at all...I'm 18 years old living with a room mate in Virginia Beach.

I plan on trying to improve my pixeling one day  :P

Anyways, hopefully I'll be around posting and practicing.

Offline pbcrazy

• View Profile

Reply #826 on: July 13, 2008, 01:14:08 am
Hello, Im Pbcrazy!  ;D

And i too am a visual basic programmer, and i already know GIAKEN. But i do little pixel art for games, but mainly i do programming. Ive made a chat program called QuadChat, and am currently working on making a Text-Based game from scratch in Visual Basic.

Offline Zique

• View Profile

Reply #827 on: July 13, 2008, 02:39:27 am
I'm Adam (Zique). I'm 18 and I used to be on Pixelation many years ago when it was on cjb and swoo.net

... I hope this is the same community, otherwise I'mma feel a bit dumb, eh?

It's been years since I last made any kind of pixel art with effort, but I'm hoping to get back into it and you all were the community I've been searching for.

Other than that, I'm from Texas, USA, but I'm not the stereotypical Texan so don't worry about any rumors you may have heard... except about the number of insane people in straightjackets :D

Well, back to work!  :y: ;D

Edit: Since everybody was posting pictures, Resized

And my WIP sig-
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:57:02 am by Zique »
WIP

Offline Anbaraen

• View Profile

Reply #828 on: July 13, 2008, 01:06:02 pm
Hey, I'm Will(Anbaraen, although Anbar or An are acceptable.) I'm from Australia. I've been lurking these forums for a while, after I got briefly interested in pixel art. I was browsing my bookmarks about 3 weeks ago and saw Pixelation. I foolishedly clicked on it, and am now hopelessly in love with pixel art. I haven't gotten around to doing any of my own. (Although I will be soon...) I'm 15, but I hope you won't stereotype me like some internet users do into being an idiot. I'm afraid my age-group has made rather a bad impression on the wider community, but I know that you guys at Pixelation only care about the art.

Just a small question.. Does anyone know of a homebrew pixelling program for the DS? I've been looking around a bit, but all I could find was the game Drawn To Life, which quite frankly is mediocre. I found some painting apps, but I really would like a pixelling app for my DS. Thanks in advance for anyone who can hook me up.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #829 on: July 13, 2008, 01:32:10 pm
Someone here by the name of Pypebros is working on one, but from what he's said, it's not ready to be released.  ;)

Welcome to Pixelation!