AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320560 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Introductions

Reply #810 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50:48 pm

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #811 on: June 23, 2008, 06:18:21 pm
Quote from: Zufub
ENG: Skurwy, nice nick :P
You got some polish tutorials? I don't found anyone :P

meh, are you trying to hook me up? no way!

there are some Polish pixel art tutorials, but afaIr they ain't no good. at least those I had the doubtful pleasure to read, sadly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:23:01 pm by Skurwy »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #812 on: June 23, 2008, 07:05:13 pm
Hm. What's this i hear bout barbarian hordes?

and one where you can actually see my face.

I like swords and stuff :\

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #813 on: June 24, 2008, 01:54:37 am
heheh, hail, warrior! believe me or not, but I was playing with blood and iron! for some time as well (simulating a Varangian guard member; weapons of choice: one-handed spear reinforced by a kite shield), but didn't actually have a pleasure to fight in a real battle. you know, in my country we have that famous Jomsborg/Vineta annual festival you should really come to see if an opportunity strikes.

now please concentrate on pixels, though! ;)
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #814 on: June 24, 2008, 04:15:01 am
Closest i've ever come to such  a thing; i attended (though did not participate) in an SCA event a few years back.
T'was there i managed to get pretty toasty on mead :) underage drinking ftw. well I'm no underage *now* so i guess maybe not.

anyways, i'm a poor redneck from the southern US, so the odds of me even being able to afford a trip to europe are practically nil.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #815 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28:16 pm
mead's pretty tasty indeed. I thought you're from Scandinavia, sorry. . . but anyway, Southern Supremacy! welcome on board! :)

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #816 on: June 24, 2008, 02:49:01 pm
Heh, you wouldn't be the first person to make that assumption. I usually take it as a compliment. I'm not entirely sure of my parentage but i'm pretty sure i've got a good bit of northern european blood in me. And I listen to a lot of european metal, (power, Black, prog,  you name it, i've probably headbanged to it.) and if you ever heard me talk you'd never guess i was from hicksville  :crazy:

Which is to say i *do* feel a bit out of place where i'm currently living  :D

And i hate living here except for all the nice foresty places around where I live. It's not not being bothered untill you start geting funny looks for being some crazy long haired devil worshipper (Not that I am, just most folks are here are...well. ignorant. yeah. not terribly fond of the southern baptists. they tend to think in black and white; use the term 'agnostic' and they're pretty sure that you murder babies, kick puppies, eat kittens, ad nauseum.)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #817 on: June 24, 2008, 02:53:29 pm
It's not not being bothered untill you start geting funny looks for being some crazy long haired devil worshipper (Not that I am, just most folks are here are...well. ignorant. yeah. not terribly fond of the southern baptists. they tend to think in black and white; use the term 'agnostic' and they're pretty sure that you murder babies, kick puppies, eat kittens, ad nauseum.)

Up North it's fundamentalists. You're never safe. ;)

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Reply #818 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:11 am
Hello. My names Gabe, I am known as Cybershadow at pixletendo, and I recently turned 14 on june 8th of last month. Art is my hobby at the moment, and I really love it. I aspire to become a detective when I graduate colledge. Im currently in Canada, because my Dad is in the air force. Ill be moving after my first year of high school. My current talents are art, writing, that kinda stuff. Nothing unfamiliar to be said. Im anti socail outisde of the internet etc...

I joined because I want to improve :X. Kinda generic. Ive improved drastically everytime I join/stay a/t (a new) forum, im hoping this will do the same.

So, uh, hi

Offline Monk

• View Profile

Reply #819 on: July 04, 2008, 11:17:23 pm
Hi my name is Tom, I'm 23 yo, from Poland. I'm wannabie pussy and fan of pixelart since many years (demoscene, stuff like that). Respects to many heads around, here on forum!