AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 323098 times)

Offline Rainault

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #770 on: April 29, 2008, 07:53:58 pm
Hello, all. My name is Daniel, and I am about as close to a newbie at pixel art as you can get. I'm a Computer Science major about to receive my undergraduate degree, and I'll be doing grad school this fall studying artificial intelligence. I've always had video game development as a hobby, but I've never been able to do my own art. The extent of my experience with pixel art is doing minor pose edits for sprites back when I was using RPG Maker 2000.

Now I'm interested in doing my own art, and not "programmer art". I found RhysD's tutorials online, and I've started to follow them. This is what I've got so far:

Nothing terribly impressive, but it's a start. The cube was the first shape that the tutorial had me draw. Then I moved onto the pyramid and decided to embellish a bit by adding the entrance. I'm not entirely happy with the dithering on the cylinder yet, but this is my first attempt. I plan on concentrating mostly on isometric sprites and tiles.

It's currently finals week for me, so it'll be a week or two before I have time to sit down and really push some pixels, but hopefully, you guys will be hearing back from me before too long. Pleasure to meet you all!

Offline [High Templar] Tassadar

• View Profile

Reply #771 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:51 pm
Hey every1, i'm Karl and i'm not an artist of any sort, do not even take it at school. i am however a good friend of a pixel artist who is at these forums and just wish to poke my nose around. although i dont know if i'll ever do any, i certainly enjoy viewing the stuff that other post up here and would perhaps like to provide some critique in "english"   :P
nothing special about me, i just think that maybe suggestions/critiques from a different perspective (a non-artist one) could be helpful.
thx

:ofc as probably most will see, i am a fan of starcraft (and blizzard for that matter) and greatly enjoy the storyline/art for that game too

Offline Blodyavenger

• View Profile

Reply #772 on: May 06, 2008, 04:14:36 pm
Hello everyone! <waves>

I'm Primož, 19 years old and my nickname doesn't contain any spelling mistakes   :lol:

I'm newbie at pixel art but I'm willing to learn it since I started on my game project and something like this forum is what I need. I saw many amazing project some of you done here and that's realy nice to see.

See 'ya in other posts  ;)

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Reply #773 on: May 06, 2008, 05:43:12 pm
Would not hurt if i make my introduction here.

My name is Fabian and was born in 1984.
I live in Saxony-Anhalt,Germany and was getting serious into pixeling in ~2002/03.

The fact i growed up in the 8/16 bit generation of videogames is surely a factor in doing pixelart for me.
I also started pixeling after i discovering that people doing this kind of graphics even the 2d era was gone at that point.
I used to know the old pixelation forum (that with the blue colours) but never registerd there cos i was not good enough :'( .

Offline Sevensheaven

• Former creator of Amiga game graphics
    • View Profile
    • Sevensheaven

Reply #774 on: May 08, 2008, 09:13:40 pm
Hi,

Great to have found this pixel-dedicated forum. My name is Metin, I am a former pixel artist for commercial Amiga games, such as Hoi and Clockwiser. I was happily married to the legendary Deluxe Paint (DPaint) in those good ol' days.

I'm also a first-hour beta-tester of the great Pro Motion pixel editor (as you can see in the 'About' if you own it).

I've been into 3D graphics for the past 10 years, but I really started to miss the good old pixel pushing. So with a lot of motivation I'm going to return to my roots.

Here's an impression of my pixel stuff (by the time I write this the image gallery mainly exists of my old game graphics from the early 1990s).

Cheers,

Metin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:40:24 pm by Sevensheaven »

Offline mir007

• View Profile

Reply #775 on: May 11, 2008, 02:43:16 pm
Hey Ya'll,

I'm Miro from Finland, and recently I've been getting into pixel art. I have some background in art, and have studied game design for a few years. I guess that lead me here to this forum.

I'm looking forward to improving my skills and finding out more about pushing them pixels.

Offline Dazurus Milestone

• View Profile

Reply #776 on: May 17, 2008, 10:39:35 pm
Hi people,

I'm very fortunate to have found this artistic forum. My name is Jeremiah and I'm from Canada. I'm newbie at pixel art but I'm willing to learn it because I want to become a great pixel artist and create sprites for commercial games. I like spriting and I hope you guys can help me become better at it ^^

Offline Pestilence

• View Profile

Reply #777 on: May 18, 2008, 03:36:22 pm
Hello, everyone. Mikael, or Pestilence, here greeting you from Sweden. I'm a 15 year old student planning to study IT. I've been fluffing around in Photoshop for a couple of years now, but just recently started with pixel art. As such, I have absolutely nothing of value for these boards yet, but I hope to learn a thing or two here.  :)

Offline gamingjustin

• View Profile

Reply #778 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:16 pm
Got a good crowd around these forums, so I'll pitch in.

Hello everyone, I'm Justin. I mostly stick to sculpting and drawing but try my hand at pixel art from time to time. I've been alive for almost 20 years and currently reside in the white-bred, picket-fence, rural area of New York. :blind: As such, not much exposure to the art world outside of my computer.

As far as my art style goes, it can be cartoony and abstract but I prefer to practice realism: An example (WARNING: drawn in photoshop with numerous filters randomly applied) http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3164/sittinguy2ft5.png

Anyway, I'll be giving advice, receiving pointers and bantering pointlessly where necessary. :) Good crew, here!

PS I'm infinitely fascinated with moais. Sadly, my avatar is my BEST example of pixel art thus far. Period.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #779 on: June 11, 2008, 11:29:42 pm
I am becoming beardy again, damn it

and also oh, hello I am Helm. I am 24 how, I enjoy being around here. I hope you all like Pixelation as much as I do.