AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320556 times)

Offline Elwin

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #750 on: February 22, 2008, 06:40:28 pm
Hey, Elwin here! I've been on pixeljoint for quite some time, and decided to join here as well. So, expect to see me pretty active here :)
When there is no more of art to discover, you know you're dead. And if you aren't, what the hell do you live for?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #751 on: February 22, 2008, 06:48:53 pm
Welcome Brian, Matthew, and Elwin! :)

oh, and I also updated my first post since it was a number of years old now.

Offline Elwin

• View Profile

Reply #752 on: February 22, 2008, 07:08:49 pm
Thanks Indigo!  ;D I guess I should write a little 'bout myself as all the others :)
I'm 13 years old, and have been pixelling for approx a year. You wouldn't want to see some of my first pixelart, hiding in the depths of my photobucket album. I live in Denmark, and my goal is to become a proffessional illustrator. Right now I'm just looking for some not too hard freelance works :) My name on pixeljoint is Elwin, and on conceptart.org my name's Nighthall :) Well, that was me.
When there is no more of art to discover, you know you're dead. And if you aren't, what the hell do you live for?

Offline Arise and Ruin

• View Profile

Reply #753 on: March 03, 2008, 09:17:53 pm
Hey... i have been looking at all the art on this forum for quite some time now and finally decided to create an account :P

My name is Heidi Mayer, i recide in Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada ;). For around four years ive been in to pixel art and have been trying to learn the basics. From grade 9-12 (im in grade 12 now, 17 years old) ive been producing some pretty crappy pixel art :P
I hope this forum can help me learn how to improve my skill level :P :y: :crazy:

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #754 on: March 04, 2008, 01:07:24 am
I did a search for pixel art, and after sifting through the sites I already knew, I found this one.

I've been spriting since I was 12, mainly doing stuff for RPG projects. No... Only RPG sprites, until recently.

In the past year I've really been studying art extensively, and I love to pixel. I kind of fell out of the groove of spriting about half a year ago because I lost interest, as learning anatomy and studying composition, color theory, and all that good stuff seemed more important.

After a friend messaged me about doing the pixel art in his game, along with a growing urge to get back into game development, I started to sprite again.

I'm aiming for doing something art related when I'm older, and I'm very serious about improving myself all around. I'm trying to save up $4000 in 16 months to afford a pre-college program at RISD, but I'm too young to get a job so I'm trying to improve enough to be able to do some serious paid work within that time frame.

I'm 15, a freshman in high school, currently residing in Pennsylvania.

I see a lot of familiar faces here, a lot of the people I idolized because of the quality of their work.

Hi!

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #755 on: March 04, 2008, 02:01:39 am
Welcome Arise and Ruin and Atnas  :D

Bin here for a while and the community is top notch. Just have faith, maintain your love for pixel art and im sure you'll both love it here  :y: .

But it's a two way street guys, if you have something useful to say by all means share your wisdom. We're all still learning..  ;D
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Metaru

• Latino
    • View Profile

Reply #756 on: March 04, 2008, 05:25:54 am
I believe its a good moment to move to second base.

The Username is Metaru, yet the name is Francisco. some of you might already saw me over PixelJoint a few times, and recently in the last Secret Santa(I'm the lucky bastard who got a present from MashPotato  ;D). I'm from Chile, SouthAmerica.
 I have been into arts and stuff since i was born, and after some experiences in diverse artforms that went from Oil Painting to Dancing, I stuck myself with PixelArt. Why? I was born in the grace of the 8bit era, and I grown up in the middle of the 16bit War between the Genesis and the SNES, and these 2D graphics were carved in my head for the rest of my life.

I have been into serious pixeling for almost one year, so I'm still learning a lot of stuff. and that's why I basically came here: to learn - and to drop one or two jokes from time to time-

Offline ninjascience

• View Profile

Reply #757 on: March 06, 2008, 07:14:04 pm
hi all,

I'm Ryan, otherwise known as ninjascience.  I'm a programmer with aspirations as a game developer and pixel artist.  I have zero illustration and pixeling experience but I'm here to learn from the best

Offline Hammer174

• Headbanger!
    • View Profile

Reply #758 on: March 08, 2008, 12:34:11 am
hello

i dont need to say that im new here, but i will, im new here!

im not new just here, but im also noob with pixels, but im trying to get better, because i do like works made by pixel art

and im not noob just with pixels im also noob with english, so, if anytime i write some nonsense thing... :-\

im already doing a simple animated robot, and i will post here if i finish it

Offline Ken

• \m/ (O_O) \m/
    • View Profile

Reply #759 on: March 21, 2008, 04:08:51 am
Hey all, I'm Ken. I'm a amateur pixeler from Missouri. Um....lets see...oh yeah! I also have a lot of typos with really simple words just to let you know!  ;D

Hi for those people who don't want to read and only look at teh awsome smileys.
I...am...re...tarted...SAY WHAT?!?!