AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320554 times)

Offline Code_wizard

• Dance you little elf, dance I say!
    • View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #730 on: December 27, 2007, 09:10:45 pm
Hey, I'm code wizard. I am 20 years old and as you might of guessed I'm a programmer. For the most part I want to be able to pixel my own game graphics. I have tried before, but I failed pretty hard. So basically I am here to learn...

Oh pixel artists of the interwebs, lend me your pixelating knowledge!

Offline Chris Oden

• View Profile

Hi tharr

Reply #731 on: January 01, 2008, 01:29:11 am
Hello good folks, thought I would celebrate the new year by joining and making a few posts.
My name is Christofer and I'm 22 years old. I live in sweden and have a beard.

I've been lurking for a while which has resulted in me having to pick my jaw up from the floor a couple of times.
I'm absorbing all the knowledge there is here and soon I will become allmighty.

At the moment I'm learning to draw with pen and paper, like, the eye goes in the face and such. Then I will proceed in learning to open MSPaint.

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Reply #732 on: January 01, 2008, 02:58:50 pm
Hey, I'm Josh, 21 years old from the south coast of England.  I've been pixelling on-and-off for about 3 years now altho most of my pixels from the first couple of years would make you cringe.  I first started making pixel signitures for friends on runescape.  I did some sprites for a basic game a mate was making a couple of years ago which eventually was scrapped, and I'd love to make my own game but lack the programming skills and unfortunately I would probably give up on the project as time went on.  A while back I saw a link to this community and so I signed up and posted a few of my pieces and forgot about it a bit.  A couple of weeks back I started pixeling again and came back to this site.

I've been trying to branch out of just doing Runescape based pixels, my main problem tho is getting inspiration and I usually spend too long on the linework/sketches that I get bored and give up :-[.  Im really looking forward to the next mock-up challenge as I've never attempted that before.  I know it's not really something that others can help with but if anyones got any advice on how to be find inspiration it would really be appreciated cause I feel that's the main thing holding me back at the moment, I just can't think what to do.

Outside of pixelling I am studying Maths and Physics at university, I am teaching myself bass guitar and used to be an avid rugby player (and once I've fully recovered from surgery I had last month I hope to get back into the game)

Offline FuzzballFox

• Wut?
    • View Profile

Reply #733 on: January 01, 2008, 10:55:14 pm
HAIII!!!

I'm Matt, I'm 17 and from the UK...I've been pixelling for a few years now...

Oh and I like Kraftwerk! <3
I'll find a pic of me soon- can't be arsed right now! D:

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

Reply #734 on: January 03, 2008, 07:19:23 am
Oh and I like Kraftwerk! <3

You mean the Electronic Music from 'Kraftwerk'?  ??? If so, you may like 'Klaus Schulze' or 'Chris Huelsbeck' too  :)

For Chris Huelsbeck's Music Examples, please, visit http://www.garageband.com/artist/huelsbeck or http://www.huelsbeck.com/

Greetings,
Ingo

Offline FuzzballFox

• Wut?
    • View Profile

Reply #735 on: January 06, 2008, 08:41:38 pm
Yeah that's good stuff- I'm into the electronic, IDM kinda stuff- Aphex Twin, Slagsmålsklubben..that kinda musuic! :3

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #736 on: January 08, 2008, 10:09:15 pm
I just joined here recently so i might as well make an introduction. I'm coran, and I've pixeled since i got my hands on a computer. i just recently got in the swing of doing it again so i thought i could use some help. and here i am. :crazy:

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #737 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:58 pm
Welcome coran! :)

Offline Gloom

• View Profile

Reply #738 on: January 09, 2008, 11:59:24 pm
Hey.

I've been drawing sprites since ACS on the Commodore 64.

I'm mostly a Photoshop/Tablet artist now, but I thought I'd get back into pixel work as I've always loved 2D gaming.

Offline Stezy

• One-Winged Angel
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

Hi there.

Reply #739 on: February 05, 2008, 08:56:05 am
Yo guys, I'm new here. I herd about this forum from Pixeltendo, but don't worry, I've read the rules so no RIPS from me lol. But yeah, I hope to show you some of my work. I warn thee, Im still just a novice at this so hopefully your critisism and comments can imporve my work as a whole. I look forward to posting soon  :)