AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320497 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Introductions

Reply #640 on: September 27, 2007, 12:25:17 pm
Here's a picture of me:

OOOOOOOOOOOOH my god, what an incredible rush it must be to say that you ARE that picture.

who took that thing? it's monstrously awesome, please tell them to come all the way to bogota and take me a picture ? =(

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #641 on: September 28, 2007, 12:27:03 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOH my god, what an incredible rush it must be to say that you ARE that picture.

who took that thing? it's monstrously awesome, please tell them to come all the way to bogota and take me a picture ? =(

Dude, you just absolutely HAVE to try it sometime. Go out to some high secluded place, perhaps a hill in a field or something (me and my mate went to a golf course in some random little town we'd never been to before) and take a camera. Make sure the sun's setting. Turn off your flash. Start jumping! We must've taken about 50 pics of us looking stupid in the air, it's actually surprisingly easy to capture (eg. 3, 2, 1...). Obviously there were a load of crappy ones but you're bound to get one that stands out. With the sun behind you you'll get a great silhouette like the one my mate got of me, but sometimes if it comes partially through you can get something like this, which is pretty cool in it's own right. Didn't focus very well though.

What i also like is how the grass has a glitteryness on it from the dew.
I guess we were just lucky it was a cloudless sky, i could jump that high and my friend had a quick finger. Everyone should try it!

And yeah it does feel good lol. :P

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #642 on: September 28, 2007, 07:45:23 pm
Huhu.. Ive started going at Musical College.. And its fun how everybody calls me Lennon :P.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #643 on: September 28, 2007, 08:14:25 pm
@ZoSo: Now "everybody" includes me: you are now officially "Lennon's bastard son"...

@Larwick: This has been bugging me for a while, but I just have to ask: How freakin' high off the ground are you in that picture? The angle doesn't look like you could possibly be jumping that high. Are..are you...Are you a superhero?

And quadruple welcomes to those I have yet to welcome already...
my back hurts...

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #644 on: September 28, 2007, 10:07:15 pm
@ ZoSo... I've often wondered the origins of your name... and now my suspicions have been confirmed judging by that poster in the background... (I had the exact same one when I was at college... come to think of it... I had the same hair too... and ear ring... but not the specs... but you don't have the acne that I had then... so think yourself lucky)

@ Bob... I get the distinct impression that Larwicks quite tall... I think he's probably an olympic high jumper with a penchant for pete townsend guitar hero poses against the setting sun... either that or it's some weird attempt at bruce forsyth meets bruce lee... (but you probably won't get that... if you weren't around BBC light entertainment broadcasting on saturdays after Dr Who and Jim'll fix it circa 1977 - which I doubt very much coming from texas and being 21... you didn't know what you missed... I feel sorry for you children of the 80' - honestly you were a decade out of time... missed all that fun stuff with those first computers... brings a tear to my eye...)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:10:30 pm by baccaman21 »
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Jigsaw

• お前はもう死んでいる。
    • View Profile
    • Josef Axner: Digital Art Portfolio

Reply #645 on: October 01, 2007, 10:33:26 am
Hey everyone... I believe I've been registered at an earlier incarnation of this site, but I've never really been very active so let's just say I'm new to Pixelation, but not to pixel art. :) I've been doing lots of random pixel art stuff on and off for well over 10 years, though a vast majority is probably the equivalent to the kind of scribbles you jot down while talking on the phone. I'm certainly nowhere near the calibre of some of the people here, but I enjoy pixel art all the same.

Being a big fan of fighting games, most of the stuff I do is somehow related to them, whether it's editing or redrawing fighting game sprites, creating hypothetical fighting game characters or creating mockup screenshots of fighting games. I do want to branch out into doing all kinds of other stuff, but it's a little daunting. Inspiration and motivation seems to come and go alot, but lurking a bit on this forum for a little while now definitely has me more inspired than I've been in a long time. :) Hopefully you'll see some of my work before too long.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #646 on: October 01, 2007, 10:37:43 am
Going out of your comfort zone is indeed daunting,
I recommend that if you fail on your own, to try the line-art thread :hehe:

We'll help you along, or try atleast.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline reverb

• View Profile

Reply #647 on: October 17, 2007, 12:54:23 am
Meh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:27:41 am by reverb »
You got that rainbow feel... but the rainbow has a beard - Cream

Offline Azu

• View Profile

Reply #648 on: October 17, 2007, 08:46:57 pm
Hi, I'm Azu! :D I am a HUGE tales fans. Love them all. Now, I cam here to learn the way of the pixel art and help improve my skill. I can do pixel art, but only by looking at something 2D. So, I came in hopes that you kind people at Pixelation will guide me through. I want to learn how to sprite in the Tales of The World style art. So, if someone one wouldn't mind helping me, I'd be very grateful.

I did this a while back, but only by looking at a Miyako sprite:
Reference: Cless
This is a what the tales of the world sprites look like. I want to sprite in this form.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #649 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:48 pm
@Larwick: This has been bugging me for a while, but I just have to ask: How freakin' high off the ground are you in that picture? The angle doesn't look like you could possibly be jumping that high. Are..are you...Are you a superhero?
I get the distinct impression that Larwicks quite tall... I think he's probably an olympic high jumper with a penchant for pete townsend guitar hero poses against the setting sun... either that or it's some weird attempt at bruce forsyth meets bruce lee...

Haha, me and my friend were pondering it after we noticed how high it looked. Also it was weird cus i did it from standing. I can probs jump pretty high, and with the legs spread it must look higher. I'm not that tall really, average i guess, 5'10". Oh wait and maybe it's cus i was on a little hill! That's probs it...  ^-^ derr.
Noomore offtopic.  :-X

And welcome to everyone!  ;D
Enjoy your stay. And leeeearrn. LEAARRN:y:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:14:35 pm by Larwick »