AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320518 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Introductions

Reply #630 on: September 18, 2007, 10:13:43 pm
Oh balls, i'll never look at Scarlett Johanson in the same way ever again.   :blind:

Oh yeah hi i'm Larwick, my friends call me Oli. Since it's my name. My last name is Lee, since my dad is Malaysian. He lives in Australia now though, with his new family. Lol. I'm 5'10" and have pitch black hair that has grown down passed my shoulders. It's horribly knotted. I'm diabetic, and my wisdom teeth are growing, yaayy! It's special, really. My favourite bands are Incubus, Tool, APC, Coheed & Cambria and trillions more... Also i'm 17, my birthday's in June. I'm obsessed with the Gantz manga, i also like Death Note, Bleach, Berserk, Samurai Champloo, Ghost In The Shell, FMA and loads of the Studio Ghibli films. I'm also obsessed with Nintendo and Zelda... etc. Can't wait for SSBB. I don't post on Pixelation too much these days but i do like to hang around alot. I get very inspired here.  :y:

Here's a picture of me:

Lol. I dunno how many times i've introduced myself here. Just thought i should again.  :noob:

Offline Merick

• View Profile

Reply #631 on: September 18, 2007, 10:23:47 pm
Hello, I've got another name but please call me Merick. I've been lurking around for a few months and finally decided to register because I like the stuff I've seen you guys post here. I have no talent for art myself, but I have begun to do a little programming lately, mostly with FreeBasic and Lua. I haven't really done much yet beyond the basics, but eventually I will probably be asking you guys for help with some graphics.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #632 on: September 18, 2007, 10:42:21 pm
I'm obsessed with the Gantz manga
Gantz is awesome.

And hi, I don't think I posted an intro yet. I like video games and attempt to make my own. I like pixeling. I like this forum.

Offline So-lou

• View Profile

Reply #633 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:47 am

That's a raaad picture, Larwick.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #634 on: September 19, 2007, 02:34:35 am
EDIT: By the way, why is it that you look totally swedish, have a name that carries a swedish meaning AND know the word 'tomten'? The stork dropped you in the wrong country?
I have Swedish ancestry.   :D

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #635 on: September 19, 2007, 02:38:38 am

I dunno..

I wasn't really being observant, but i must have passed this about five times before realizing the glasses were drawn on.  :-X

Offline D.W.

• View Profile

Reply #636 on: September 24, 2007, 04:47:11 am
Hello names D.W. nice to meet you all, I don't have a pic of myself yet but I will post it soon (don't count on it *laughs*) Uh um I dunno what else to say, Um care to be friends?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #637 on: September 24, 2007, 10:19:54 pm
D.W. as in Arther's little sister?
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline AndyP

• View Profile

Reply #638 on: September 26, 2007, 01:06:21 pm
Hello. Andy here.

Although I did a bit of sprite editing for Doom when I was a kid, my forte has always been 3d. However, the pixel art in many games (especially the Metal Slug series) and the work of pixel artists (Paul Robertson!) just blows me away and I have great respect for those who can create such amazing work.

Since I am trying to make my own 2d game for the Gamma 256 compo (probably won't make the deadline though...) I've decided to try and learn a bit about pixel art so that I can make some sprites for it. I found this forum from a link on TIGSource and after having a browse of some threads came to realise that this is one of those rare internet forums run and visited by smart, rational and helpful people, so that's why I joined*.

Anyway, I haven't got any pics to post yet, but when I do I'll be sure to seek the advice of you guys first.

*I'm not suggesting that I am smart, rational or helpful, but I'll try to be :)

Offline Marshmellow

• View Profile

Reply #639 on: September 27, 2007, 01:27:43 am
Greetings, silly people! I am Marshmellow and, despite popular belief, I am not, in fact, a popular sugary snack commonly roasted over a campfire until it becomes toasty and brown and ooey and gooey and delicious in all sorts of ways. Recall, I'm Marshmellow, not Marshmallow.

Now that's out of the way, I also happen to be a somewhat talented spriter, especially when it comes to sprites below twenty pixels of height and width. In short, expect small sprites from me. Also expect many many many unfinished sheets; I have a tendency to leave them halfway done, or just do one sprite without a sheet at all. Unless they're tiled, backgrounds are also a no-no.

Oh, and you may call me Marshie, by the way. Pleased to meet you.