AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320474 times)

Offline rezz

• how appealing
    • View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #540 on: June 30, 2007, 11:00:10 pm
Hello there, I'm rezz, aka Ben Silverman. For probably 4-5 years now I've been trying to get into pixel art, viewing thousands of other artists' work, but feeling too intimidated to try anything. I've been lurking this site for probably a year now and I just joined because I want to start somewhere and I think with the critiques and help of others I can get that start I've always wanted. I've tried pixeling various things in the past but nothing ever really turned out even slightly how I wanted them to, so I'm hoping to really get a fresh start. This site has always been great and I think I'll be around quite a lot!  :)

Offline Mayor Pirkle

• New to Pixeling, hoping to leave my mark.
    • View Profile

Reply #541 on: July 02, 2007, 09:04:05 pm
Hey all!  I've been a big fan of pixel art for years now.  I just recently started creating my own pixely stuff, but it's all pretty bad since I just started  :-\.

I found out about these forums yesterday, and seeing the work that's been done is simply astounding.  I was browsing through the Assembly Line thread, and it was very inspiring to see that one person could create something so amazing.  Every ship that I saw was extremely well made.  I was unsure of myself and my abilities to create great pixel works when I started, but after seeing what regular people are capable of given the time and the desire to create, it really gave me a moral boost!  So hopefully, in time, my pixel work will become something to talk about.  Right now it's pretty shoddy, but I suppose I can post my current works in a showcase thread.  At the very least it'll be a nice change up.  Instead of people needing serious C&C on the work, we could all just poke fun at my poor style!

Anyways, I hope my stay here will be a long one.  I don't really have a good track record with staying faithful to forums.  Typically I run out of interest on all forums within a few months, but this forum is relevant to a goal of mine, so that should keep me hooked for a while at least.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Offline Ray Frenden

• View Profile

Reply #542 on: July 03, 2007, 04:39:07 pm
Howdy. New here. I work in the games industry and freelance as an illustrator. UI, editorial, tees, comics, etc. Most of my work, even my illustration stuff, is limited color. I tend to use 5-6 spots in all my work and "dither" with volumetric halftones ala the following image:

As a result, I find I like to tinker with pixelart and hope to come here to share and improve, mostly for the fun of it.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #543 on: July 03, 2007, 06:11:26 pm
Welcome Ray. Saw your images on flicker ( http://flickr.com/photos/rayfrenden ), great stuff. Cool to have you here. I'm looking forward to your pixel stuff.

Offline Ray Frenden

• View Profile

Reply #544 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:58 pm
Thanks - looking forward to make more pixelstuff!

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #545 on: July 03, 2007, 07:22:38 pm
heh, i knew your style was familiar - saw it on threadless.

welcome everyone.

Offline Medri Fogmatio

• And you are telling me this why?
    • View Profile

Reply #546 on: July 07, 2007, 12:21:03 am
Hello, I am Medri Fogmatio.

I recently left Pixeltendo to pursue a better spriting and artistic path instead of one that lingers of 4chan, n00bs, and unoriginality. 

I have only delt with Sprites in my past, Pixelart isn't what I am very good at, however.  I am not one to merely give up due to just that.

I hope that I can become an active member of Pixelation.

~Medri

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #547 on: July 07, 2007, 05:16:59 am
welcome medri :D  get your practice on, and i look forward to seeing your work :)

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

Reply #548 on: July 11, 2007, 02:12:18 pm
Hey everyone, if you remember me, :D, if not, that's fine.
I decided I wanted to try and get back in the pixel scene, and I remembered pixelation, so, yeah.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #549 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:56 pm
I'm Matt Rundle. I'm 18. I've been pixeling the past few years, but not a lot. I'm trying to pick it up.

Some of my stuff:

halfdone adventure game art, from last year.

and the game I'm ostensibly working on at the moment.

I'm a student programmer. I don't really know how to make games yet, but it's what I'd like to do.