AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320655 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Introductions

Reply #410 on: April 10, 2007, 12:48:50 am
Zach looks lots like the face he keeps drawing, which suggests something of an irrational crypto-narcissistic streak coloring his artistic endeavours, though that's no fatal thing, really.

It's not that irrational - even davinci warned against it as a natural compulsion: (and i may not get this exactly right but its close) "the artist must take care to never duplicate his own flaws of face or body in his work."  or something to that effect...obviously that doesn't excuse it as an artistic crutch or undercurrent, but I do think it is pretty natural.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #411 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10:16 am
what would be wrong about being narcissistic about your own drawings?
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #412 on: April 10, 2007, 01:27:55 am
I don't think it's wrong or anything... I was half-joking. I've done a fair amount of self-protraits. Well, I don't fill sketchbooks with them, really, and I try not to put my face into other people I draw if you know what I mean. There's a fair amount of self-gratification involved, an almost masturbatory aspect to freeform drawing anyway. I just don't do much sketching anymore, it's either comics (stories to serve, can't draw my face 30 times in them) or pieces of art (I dare not call them paintings) in pixels which have a variety of stuff going on in them.

I do think there's a very eye-opening quality involved with attempting, and slowly learning to draw your own face, in that you kind of get aquainted with aspects of yourself you'd be suprised you have. But you also get aquainted with many honest and true things in life by drawing a telephone 30 times as well.

zach, I'd urge you to draw telephones more.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #413 on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:39 am
so in relation, I should draw everything I see more :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #414 on: April 10, 2007, 01:48:35 am
well yes, generally. As far as what I ment, do lots of in-depth studies of only a few things at a time, sure, that's how you 'learn' things, but have then not be your face or figures standing with pronounced leg muscles or whatever it seems you've been drawing over and over for as long as I remember

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #415 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:28 am
have you looked at what I've been drawing recently?

I feel hurt by that comment about drawing overly burdened legs :|

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #416 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:44 am
Heh, my turn for introduction.=)

I'm 43 years old dude, natively russian, reside in us for some time  making violins, cellos and guitars for a food.
My name is Yuriy, or so I've been told.  I like pixels, and after many failures still planning to get another shot on oil and watercolor - somehow pixeling get me closer then never.=)
I have 1 year old grandson - very cool kid though still poop in diaper.=)
Hello, world.=)

Here man at work:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #417 on: April 10, 2007, 12:55:02 pm
have you looked at what I've been drawing recently?

I feel hurt by that comment about drawing overly burdened legs :|

Yeah I have. Face, deformed body, cloth pattern, anatomy study (these are good!), characters standing around on muscular legs.

You're 17 and you've got a very good eye/hand for drawing, I don't expect them to be infused with any meaning overnight. Besides it's kind of unfair, these are sketches. When you finish a painting, or a pixel art piece, it would be more pertinent to talk about meanings and stuff in those.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #418 on: April 11, 2007, 02:45:16 am
woo, properly introducing yourself at a very overdue time is fun.

im chris pariano, 15 years old... and im an alcoholic. * hi chris*

ive been pixeling for about 2 years now, and ive been drawing ever since i can remember. i have a knack for completely hating all artwork i do, and not doing a thing about it.
other than art my interests include weight lifting, my girlfriend, and sleeping.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #419 on: April 11, 2007, 03:48:05 am
I have 1 year old grandson - very cool kid though still poop in diaper.=)

I had to chuckle at this. :P