AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320549 times)

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #390 on: April 09, 2007, 01:09:17 am
Your name is Telemachus?.. Cool name O_o.

By the way what kind of guitar(s) do you have?

Thanks.

No Stwelin, no shorter names. Some people call me Helm, and I don't mind.

I play a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Same here :D. I got a wine red :D. Whats you color?
I got 4 more guitars, less good ones.

Some fun i like to have :P.. I know some different stuff to do with an guitar.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #391 on: April 09, 2007, 04:26:20 am
Awesome place you have Helm. If only my apartment contained that many books. :-D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #392 on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:04 am
That specific picture isn't taken with a digital camera, but with my dad's Cannon, on which I learned a bit of photography, and as such know how to mess with shutterspeed.

I think 1.80 cm is a very respectable height and I'd appreciate it if you didn't make fun of it.

My guitar is red. I detest people copying idiosynchratic guitarists like Jimmy Page, so your bowing of your guitar doesn't win you any points here. Also I dislike people who have many guitars. I guess it's because I'm not rich and I had to beg my dad for years and years to buy me a good guitar and I don't want any more. While I was waiting for the Les Paul I learned to play well enough to deserve a Les Paul. Do you play well enough to deserve 4 guitars and a violin bow?

Khorin, thanks. That's the 'history and military history' bookcase in the house, it's my dads. There's another for 'old books' and one for 'new books'. The place is swamped in books. I feel kinda bad for not being much of the reading type. But then again I'm only about 2 cm tall so my dad hides me in his pocket when there's visitors and he feels ashamed.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #393 on: April 09, 2007, 10:23:22 am
Ok, I'm just going to follow the trend then. I faintly remember Skurwy's bio to be strikingly similar to mine, only that Poland would be Austria. My name is Martin, I am almost 20, currently studying English at the University of Vienna, but do not intend to finish that. I hopefully will be doing "MultiMediaArt" in Salzburg next semester. I will have a new haircut as of tomorrow and I really like Helm's place from what I can see on his photo. I, too, have only one eyebrow, although barely visible. The photo is from yesterday, I do not like it.

Helm: Nobody's making fun of your height, it's your height that IS fun. You can travel in thimble-balloons, live on one single cookie for 3 weeks and arm wrestle with spiders.

edit: Also, Mirre does not have pointy ears, and I too would love to learn photography with a cannon.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:28:00 am by miascugh »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #394 on: April 09, 2007, 10:33:46 am
The only problem with learning photography with a Canon is that you kinda can take only one shot, then you've demolished whatever you were taking the shot of. But it does teach you economy!

oh my, what a bad pun

Mirre's very pretty, and I can say this without it sounding like a come-on because a) I really dislike internet flirting, b) I have a girlfriend and am not looking for more (women are so much work) so there you have it. Adarias is very handsome too. Zach looks lots like the face he keeps drawing, which suggests something of an irrational crypto-narcissistic streak coloring his artistic endeavours, though that's no fatal thing, really. Miascugh looks like an awesome, if down on his luck, fellow. I'd give you a smoke, but I don't want you smoking.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #395 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:51 am
You destroyed all the fun I had with that typo :(

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #396 on: April 09, 2007, 10:59:51 am
I think 1.80 cm is a very respectable height and I'd appreciate it if you didn't make fun of it.
people make fun of height these days?
coz I'm closing in on 195cm and never been made fun of, unless you mean to say 1.8m is considered short?
anyways, I shall follow suit..
although I warn, the digital camera I used is 6 or 7 years old, and its a pretty "myspace, bathroom mirror - stereotype" photo
(shouldve given a :y:)
my hoods up coz Im dreading my hair (the lazy way) and Im pouting my chin
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #397 on: April 09, 2007, 11:13:20 am
That specific picture isn't taken with a digital camera, but with my dad's Cannon, on which I learned a bit of photography, and as such know how to mess with shutterspeed.

My guitar is red. I detest people copying idiosynchratic guitarists like Jimmy Page, so your bowing of your guitar doesn't win you any points here. Also I dislike people who have many guitars. I guess it's because I'm not rich and I had to beg my dad for years and years to buy me a good guitar and I don't want any more. While I was waiting for the Les Paul I learned to play well enough to deserve a Les Paul. Do you play well enough to deserve 4 guitars and a violin bow?

Khorin, thanks. That's the 'history and military history' bookcase in the house, it's my dads. There's another for 'old books' and one for 'new books'. The place is swamped in books. I feel kinda bad for not being much of the reading type. But then again I'm only about 2 cm tall so my dad hides me in his pocket when there's visitors and he feels ashamed.

Yes, don't think I'm rich lol. That guitar isn't even fully mine, thats my fathers. Ill get my Gibson when i work for him. The other 4 guitars is mine. And yes i would deserve my guitar, i played classical guitar 4-5 years before i changed to rock.. since the classic didn't really give me much, the teacher didn't learn my something new... just new songs, which didn't give me anything. So i started learning on my own, and that gave me much. You dont really believe im good at guitar :D?.. There is a reason i "copy" Jimmy Page,

I don't see why you would detest people who like Jimmy Page.. he's far one of the best guitarists in the world.. The violin bow pic, my drummer took that pic, he took it because he saw it .. "special". I don't really play much with a violin bow, i just played that one time, thats why he took the pic... lol.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:17:45 am by ZoSo »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #398 on: April 09, 2007, 01:07:41 pm
guitar with a violin bow sounds like shit unless you jack the action and even then you can only play the g string, e string, or all 5 unless you recraft the bridge to mimick an actual violin, and if you are going to go through all that rouble, you might as well just buy an electric violin.

I usually shoot on a Canon FT, and i love it even though im no photographer by any means.  It's my dad's too, and so old i dont have to turn it on unless i can't guess the lighting (and the matchstick is broken anyway, it always reads one or two stops low, so i dont like using it)

I really like shooting in black and white, and thats what the darkroom at my school is set up for, but it's getting harder and harder to find any black and white film.  the stuff i do find is professional grade and it's about $5 a roll >.<
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:09:42 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #399 on: April 09, 2007, 01:29:37 pm
guitar with a violin bow sounds like shit unless you jack the action and even then you can only play the g string, e string, or all 5 unless you recraft the bridge to mimick an actual violin, and if you are going to go through all that rouble, you might as well just buy an electric violin.

I usually shoot on a Canon FT, and i love it even though im no photographer by any means.  It's my dad's too, and so old i dont have to turn it on unless i can't guess the lighting (and the matchstick is broken anyway, it always reads one or two stops low, so i dont like using it)

I really like shooting in black and white, and thats what the darkroom at my school is set up for, but it's getting harder and harder to find any black and white film.  the stuff i do find is professional grade and it's about $5 a roll >.<

It doesnt really sound like shit.. You mute whatever strings you dont want to play, with your hand. The cool thing with playing guitar with a violin bow, is that you can make really cool scary sounds :D.