AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320661 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Introductions

Reply #330 on: March 10, 2007, 10:13:53 pm
Hello, Bugguy and Zenobia, welcome to Pixelation!
No worries about english, Bugman, lingual barriers here are often overcome. Plus, seems like you've got good english to me.

You've got some real nice things on your site, Zenobia. I'm sure you'll learn stuff here and get better real quick. ;D

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #331 on: March 10, 2007, 10:17:39 pm
Welcome Zen! That picture you have there looks like it just came out of clothing catalogue. The designs in your site are pretty interesting. Keep up the great work!

I'm definitely learning a lot, so if you stick with this place you won't regret it!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #332 on: March 10, 2007, 11:56:57 pm
Hello!
My name is Zenobia... often shortened to just Zen ^_^

I've been pixeling for... 4 years maybe? But up till last year nothing serious. I am trying more isometric things and pixels that could actually be used in games now.
As you can see at my deviantART I've been dolling a lot. http://queenzenobia.deviantart.com
I found that I could express more of my imagination into those... Because I am definitely a fantasy artist... not realism, not anatomy.
But I'll learn! I never thought I could make my hobby into a job, but it seems it is indeed possible.
My actual pixel art portfolio isn't online yet. http://www.zententia.net

I'm... 16 and I live in the Netherlands.
Extremely enthusiastic, optimistic, creative and ambitious.
This is me: click

This place looks like it will teach me a lot.

Well, well, well. Looks like you finally came along. I'm blanco-pantera at deviant art, by the way. I was wondering when you would join one of these forums. I've seen your pieces before, and I'm sure this place will help intensify your unique style.

Any who, welcome, and have fun!
my back hurts...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #333 on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:39 am
Welcome Zen! That picture you have there looks like it just came out of clothing catalogue.
That is so true.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #334 on: March 11, 2007, 10:11:59 am

Well, well, well. Looks like you finally came along. I'm blanco-pantera at deviant art, by the way. I was wondering when you would join one of these forums. I've seen your pieces before, and I'm sure this place will help intensify your unique style.

Any who, welcome, and have fun!

Thanks!
I already noticed you were a member here ^_^

And thanks so much for the welcome everyone!

Offline Lifern

• View Profile
    • Lifern's Portfolio

Reply #335 on: March 11, 2007, 04:05:40 pm
Hi guys,
Though I'm not a new member, you can't find lots of my posts or comments here as I'm a mysterious spectator 8)

Just wanted to say hello to all of you and thank for being here ;D

And yeah, feel free to visit my on-line portfolio: www.lifern.ru

Offline Bugguy

• Now animated =~~
    • View Profile

Reply #336 on: March 12, 2007, 12:01:59 am
@Xion:  That's becouse I spend eternities writing posts...  :'(

:D
I'm still a newb around here, please be patient TT__TT

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #337 on: March 13, 2007, 07:18:41 am
Hello! My names Abzdragon... Abby... Abz... whatever.
I'm 20, college student majoring in English, minoring in Education and live in Texas (Yeehaw and all that mess)
I have been pixeling as a hobby since 2002 but until 2006 nothing too serious... plus I sucked pretty bad... but I'm improving! For the most part I "doll" which started as a way to procrastinate homework but has become a way to pay my cellphone bill hehe... however, I really really want to get better at spriting, iso and game-type graphics. I know I can do it! :D I usually lurk around forums like this where I feel intimidated, but this time I shall try and be active!! So yeah, I am here to Learn!

My website: http://abzdragon.roas.net
And this is me:

Nice to meet you all! ;D

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #338 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:10 pm
haha, welcome (and i have yet to say "yeehaw", though I am a transplant) - it looks like you have a pretty good grasp of texturing and basic lighting, you just need to get more comfortable using a more diverse palette and fewer colors.  This community will serve you well!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #339 on: March 13, 2007, 02:19:02 pm
   Yay! Another fellow Texan! Welcome to pixelation, where all your dreams come true. If you're looking for serious critique, then this place is for you. Also, "we needz more of demz women folk round' these parts."
   Just remember when someone is critiquing you here, to not take it as a personal attack, and learn from what they are suggesting. Growth is a fundamental part of an artist's world. You can never know too much in this field. And don't be shy to give some of us critiques also.

Good luck, and have a nice stay!...
my back hurts...