AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 322950 times)

Offline Decadent_Sympozium

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #310 on: March 01, 2007, 11:29:08 am

No, that's like... having good taste in metal. Dimmu Borgir are awful.

Dimmu Borgir is a revolutionary band without any fear of experimentation which brought most to harmonisation, symphonic black metal and self-image craftmenship. Once they passed from For All Tid to their own style, where they also changed the performers, the guitarist became a vocalist, and a vocalist became the guitarist, they were simply destined to become legendary with very promising Spiritual Black Dimension. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Godless Savage Garden collect a variety of original and sensational tracks displaying impressive feeling for "the right note in the right place" ( and even negating the idea of repetativeness being boring, just like Rammstein) and natural gift for creativity. To only mention some, they kicked the hell out of composing with In Death's Embrace, Stormblist, Raabjorn Speiler Draugheimens Skodde, Entrance, Moonchild Domain and The Night Masquarade, so far only having a bit of sound similarities with Dissection with which, because of Dissection's own biography, they can be compared to in old albums. They inspired with every song presenting, although similar, yet another new approach to how can you actually compose and develop your own style, and they are one of very few of billion bands out there who actally knows how to implement an orchestration and electronics, visible on Death Cult Armageddon and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and, probably on their new ablum In Sorte Diaboli, which isn't out yet. Dimmu Borgir also, although satanic, presented interesting and unique lyrics with very cold, scientific but at the same time metaphoric and poetic verses describing and pointing at the obvious truth and eloquent ideology manifesting through years of human progress. They are both destructive and benevolent and are known for not forcing their satanic believs into people, although their lyrics obviously show the real side of life, church and satanism, what I warmly greet.

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is the legendary album with several impressive compositions that do not sounds like anything else ever heard. It's their most experimental album, combining electronics, classical instruments, different approach to composition and metal, and Puritania is probably the most awe-inspiring manifestation of evil I've ever encountered. It is also a common thing where Puritania is being the most popular track of any core Borgir fan, including Dimmu Borgir band itself, to whom Puritania is a favorite track. Apart from that, there are also award-winning and composition-perfected tracks Kings of the Carnival Creation, Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny and specially Hybrid Stigmata - The Apostary which is claimed to be one of the most originally composed tracks in metal history. Personally, I also enjoy in Perfection or Vanity, and we've seen Dimmu Borgir has a very, very good sense of humor with Burn in Hell.

To stop the majesty of PEM, they made a creative impact with Death Cult Armaggedon which they recorded with Prague Filharmonic Orchestral resulting in several impresive tracks, among many with the representing perfection called Progenies of the Great Apocalypse and the mood-inspiring, utterly dark and agressive Allegiance with that particular moment "The cult of armageddon..dm dm BRWWRRRAAAAAAAUUUGGGH" which is the deepest and sickest growl ever in metal, performed entirely by Shaggrath, who is also one of rare growlers that in reality sounds close to what is displayed studio records. Mentioning Vredesbyrd, Eradiction Instincts Defined, Blood Human Doctrine, or perhaps Cataclysm Children, where any of four can be called a perfection composition-wise, is sufficient. On top, they are about to release a new album, In Sorte Diaboli, with own concept and a new approach to composing, what is yet another argument to their defense. If nothing, definitely not a boring band.

You may not like them, but you should certainly respect them as they are far more than 97% of the bands written up there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:35:09 am by Decadent_Sympozium »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #311 on: March 01, 2007, 11:51:31 am
I think Dimmu Borgir are overproduced soulless shit worth of absolutely no respect. Thank you.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #312 on: March 01, 2007, 12:01:15 pm
i listen to REM, natalie merchant, the cranberries, colin hay, fleetwood mac, pete townshend, coldplay, the decembrists, the postal service, and for some reason, NOT death cab for cutie, despite the fact that theyhave a ton in common with the last two in the list

Remove fleetwood mac, natalie merchant and petetownshed (only cause i havnt heard them yet) and add Radiohead, Augie March and Sufjan Stevens and you got about half my CD collection (the rest is crap though...)

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #313 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:31 pm
I think Dimmu Borgir are overproduced soulless shit worth of absolutely no respect. Thank you.
Well said. I really don't like it either.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #314 on: March 01, 2007, 04:19:02 pm
well, I think I should leave a post here too,

I'm philipp, 17, from germany. Besides pixelling I draw a bit, take photos (some can be found at http://philipptr.deviantart.com/gallery/ including some stuff that im not too proud of) and started playing guitar some weeks ago (e-guitar).
I listen to pretty diverse music:
Rage against the machine
Dredg
Tool
a bit harder stuff like very few songs by machine head or some stuff from soilwork but also some hiphop like soul position, jurassic 5, rjd2, the streets and so on. I guess its too much to list all bands/artists I like here but I think that's enough to get an idea ;)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #315 on: March 01, 2007, 05:11:30 pm
How did this get turned into a metal discussion thread?  To put my two cents in, my musical tastes are as eclectic as they come.  I'll listen to just about anything, from show tunes to baroque/classical/romantic music to jazz to jpop to classic rock to folk to a cappella to metal and anything in between.

Also, I've apparently managed to not introduce myself in this thread yet.
My name's Allan, and I'm a 20 year old college student at RPI here in NY.  I've been semi-lurking on pixelation for...3 years now, I guess.  To join the old trend, here's a picture of me:

Yup, that's me.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #316 on: March 01, 2007, 06:24:56 pm
Hello
I'm Riko, went by Halffish a couple years ago... haven't been back since what -- 1 or 2 year hiatus  ;D
Anyhow coming back now, nice to meet you all
Don't really have anything new, so perhaps in the near future...

-Halffish

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #317 on: March 01, 2007, 08:39:28 pm

No need to hide your true feelings behind a veneer of politics and etiquette!  Tell us, what do you really think?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #318 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:23 pm
I think you shouldn't use flesh tones on the eyeball as a method to AA the contours of the eyelids. It doesn't work.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #319 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:13 pm
I was wondering when someone was going to mention that about his avatar. It's been irking me for a while now.

Any hoo, Black metal tends to turn me off, to be quite honest. Most seems to be people in gimmicky, black goth suits, and what not. It's just not my genre. But yes, I believe this metal argument needs to end right about now, as this is turning into "who's metal enough, and who's not", or some type of musical thread.

To stay on topic: Hello, and welcome Halffish! And wow Robalan, I pictured you completely different based on your avatar. You need to update it with pony tail, and stubble/beard...and a thicker neck. Currently, it makes you look young. Like, 12 years old. It's all about the beard though. Would look snazzy, it would...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:50:09 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...