AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320489 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #180 on: January 08, 2007, 09:57:42 pm
What's so strange? Artists always have an appeal to women.

Artists, maybe. But people calling themselves 'Pixel artists'? I can hardly imagine one getting more than a dumb look if you try that at a bar. Explaining it's relation to tiny dots governed by screen resolution afterwords is probably going to ruin the mood a bit. But never mind. I guess I just never thought of it before.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #181 on: January 08, 2007, 11:07:59 pm
Artists, maybe. But people calling themselves 'Pixel artists'? I can hardly imagine one getting more than a dumb look if you try that at a bar. Explaining it's relation to tiny dots governed by screen resolution afterwords is probably going to ruin the mood a bit. But never mind. I guess I just never thought of it before.

listen to the man! I hate when that topic comes up XD

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #182 on: January 08, 2007, 11:27:43 pm
What's so strange? Artists always have an appeal to women.

Well see, if the two of us were in a bar, you wouldn't have to explain it all ;-)

The B.O.B., sorry I missed that completely - I've never heard of "The Little Rascals".. being foreign and all.. >.>  (it's a very good excuse!)

Offline Shin

• "The one who is true."
    • View Profile

Reply #183 on: January 08, 2007, 11:39:36 pm
 :D Buckwheat and his little friend were just the cutest!

hiro

Reply #184 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:57 pm
Hey guys,
Started on the boards back in the days before the "Board Wars"... thought it was time to finally come  back and try to purge myself of two years of accrued bad pixel habits. It's nice to see so many familiar faces still kicking around here. So anyway... I remember the drill, less talking, more pixelling.

Peace!

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #185 on: January 09, 2007, 10:51:27 pm
I don't know if i've ever properly introduced myself. I don't remember if i did or not. Don't really care.

I'm Josh, I'm 18, and I live in the great state of Illinois.

I've been pixeling since the days of the pixelation. Some six or seven years now. And i'm still not that great.

I'm a metal head, like Helm, but i'm sure he'd disagree. I am one of the vocalists in the band Mars Needs Cheerleaders. We play a mixture of metal and hardcore.

I also design shirts for bands. K.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #186 on: January 10, 2007, 12:45:15 am
I'm a metal head

We play a mixture of metal and hardcore

does not compute

so yes,

but i'm sure he'd disagree

quite.

Let your hair grow long and listen to Manilla Road and then call yourself a metalhead! No more hipsters!

Also, one of the vocalists? Don't tell me you do good cop bad cop vocals. Are you the bad cop? Gosh, if the band does good, you're so out of there by the second album.

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #187 on: January 10, 2007, 01:13:13 am
Why do you need long hair to be a metal head? I'm sure you could be just as much a metal head with no hair.

Just because i'm in a metalcore band it doesn't mean i don't listen to all types of metal. I listen to anything from DIO to Seven Angels Seven Plagues.

In MNC, we have two vocalists me and a chick. We both scream.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #188 on: January 10, 2007, 01:34:02 am
GOODNIGHTdestroyer, Deadrez...what ev. What ARE your fav' metal bands, and what bands do YOU personally think ring TRUE metal. Would be interesting just to know your opinion.
my back hurts...

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #189 on: January 10, 2007, 01:45:06 am
I don't know what my favorite metal bands are. And i don't know what to consider pure metal. Old bands that used to be considered heavy metal are now considered hard rock. And there are so many genres and subgenres nowadays that it's really hard to tell.