AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320483 times)

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #160 on: January 01, 2007, 08:07:25 pm
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:23:36 pm by eck »
untz untz untz?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #161 on: January 01, 2007, 11:03:17 pm
might as well post here..names Colin..I am American :-\, and not to happy to be...anyways....I am 13...and I have been seriously pixelling for under a year...... eh should I post a picture? I think not.....anyways,  I am loving the community, and the art here is pretty insane.... so..thats it I guess :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Xonic the Fox

• 8bit musician
    • View Profile
    • Chiptech Experiences

Reply #162 on: January 04, 2007, 08:24:55 pm
Hi! I'm Xonic the Fox, and I make 8bit music, mainly for 8bit computer games or games that mimic 8bit games. Nice to meet you all!

I'm not exactly a pixel-artist but I love pixel-art.
Give me a laptop and my DPCM sampledisk, and I'll show you some true Nintendo Power!

Offline Shin

• "The one who is true."
    • View Profile

Reply #163 on: January 04, 2007, 11:49:09 pm
My name Ross-Shane Hyman... call me Ross or Shane... Ross-Shane? No just call me Shin. I'm 18 years old and highly interested in learning how to sprite. I'm already a good enough pencil artist, but pixel are is just as beautiful and inspiring. Can any one recommend any good tutorials and programs I could use to get started? I'll really appreciate it and I'll enjoy showing everyone what I'm capable of if given the oppurtuntity.

Edit: Nevermind my request for tuts and resourses. I found a topic concerning those about 3 threads down from this one. I should've browsed the forums better.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:51:19 pm by Shin »

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #164 on: January 05, 2007, 11:16:54 pm
I'm Jim from Holland, only a puny 15 years old.
I go to high school, and I don't do any jobs or anything, as I get enough allowence....
I've been spriting since I was 11 or something, I started creating my own sprites when I learned to use Gamemaker,
and I wanted my own original images.
I like to watch tv, play games..(WoW and Zelda Twilight Princess on the GC atm), draw a bit, pixel, work on games and some more.
I first had short hair(According to the Helm hair scale), till my shoulders. But now I look like this (Think this is considered bald on the Helm scale?):

Meh, I'm so sexy...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:19:28 pm by Shadow Wolf »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #165 on: January 06, 2007, 11:31:51 am
My name Ross-Shane Hyman... call me Ross or Shane... Ross-Shane? No just call me Shin. I'm 18 years old
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #166 on: January 06, 2007, 04:29:59 pm
My name Ross-Shane Hyman... call me Ross or Shane... Ross-Shane? No just call me Shin. I'm 18 years old

XD clever!

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #167 on: January 06, 2007, 06:08:25 pm

You must have been really bored.. really really bored. Or you got some gift to see those kind of stuff, maybe you should work as some secret agent dude finding hidden messeges in texts.

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #168 on: January 08, 2007, 01:10:28 am
I guess I should post something as well..

Here goes:  I'm 17, I'm from Ukraine (not the Ukraine, get it right or face certain doom).  I've been doing pixel art for a while, but only as a hobby, so I still have a lot to learn. I'll do my best not to act like a noob.  I just started getting serious about developing my art skills a few months ago, at the first opportunity to study art after high school.. I've been doing a lot of observational drawing (not enough though) and am trying to learn to paint.

I'm a giant nerd, and I read for fun.  I work at a thrift shop and observe creepy people all the time.  When I was 11 I did all the problems in my math book in the first two weeks of school, and for the rest of the year just copied down the assigned ones into my homework notebook.  I'm not really sure why.  My hopes and dreams include learning to the point of going insane and to become at least somewhat decent in writing in English.  I'm easily amused/impressed and have too many crushes on pixel artists I've never met irl.  A friend of mine *cough* told me I flirt too much, but don't believe that,  he's just jealous.

I think that's about all you need to know about me.

my secret weapon! =D

sorry for the suckyness, I took this with my phone under the table in some restaurant.. so it's pretty dark :p

That is all.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:32:48 am by leel »

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #169 on: January 08, 2007, 01:23:51 am
A friend of mine *cough* told me I flirt too much, but don't believe that,  he's just jealous.

*cough* tis true *cough*