AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 324004 times)

Offline Chungel

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #790 on: June 17, 2008, 04:54:38 am
Hey folks!  My name is Chungel, I'm almost 15 (July), and I am a complete nub to pixel art.  I seriously haven't pixeled a single thing in my life.  After my friend showed me an image made by eBoy, I did a little research and found out it was called pixel art, and that eBoy's art was something called isometric.  Wanting to learn how to make such awesome images, I ended up here, as well as Pixel Joint (same username). 

Er... A little about myself: I'm a Minnesotan, I'm a band geek, and... I enjoy watching movies.

Hopefully I'll learn a lot here, and maybe make a few friends too.  :)

EDIT: Just realized I'm member 3666.  Weird.
"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name, but what's puzzling you is the nature of my game." - The Rolling Stones

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #791 on: June 17, 2008, 03:28:07 pm
Hi there! My name's Delia May Fly and I'm from Australia. I'm 18 and have been dabbling in pixel art since '03, though I only really got "into" it in '06. I love traditional art and other forms of digital art, too!

Here I am:
i love your sweater! :3

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #792 on: June 18, 2008, 01:18:35 am
You look like a 3d render.

LOL with a single point light too...how about a little rim lighting, huh?

Also, don't smoke.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #793 on: June 18, 2008, 04:28:02 pm
hahaha. damn, I *am* a 3D render!

yeah, don't smoke!

'ello newcomers! ;p
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:31:36 pm by Skurwy »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #794 on: June 18, 2008, 07:02:39 pm
second picture, that is not smoke, that is sugar foam, what's it called, the thing you can buy and eat at fairs which is ridiculously bad for your teeth. That, is stuck on your face.

Also yes, 3d render, starring in the next hitman. What can I say.

I on the other and, am upping the hairy ante.

Offline Drazzke

• .. I'm Drazzke.
    • View Profile
    • Drazzke | Home

Reply #795 on: June 18, 2008, 10:40:55 pm
My name is Noel, I don't really pixel all that much, but am trying to get into it more.

I enjoy making games (my main reason for wanted to get better at pixel art), ski, bike, hang out with friends, whatever. Uhh... I live in Canada.
You can find some of my games on my website:
http://www.drazzke.co.nr

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #796 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:19 pm
damn, you look pretty tr00 now! beware, virgin blood metallers!

heheh, now we're like opposites. we should then play in a movie; a couple of badass guys drinking hard liquor, doing chicks and getting involved into barroom fights all the time, you know, a brass knuckles, flying chairs, tables and crap sort of brawling. and we would be harassing, shooting and killing flake-ass cronies with shotguns, or better: taking them down with kung-fu techniques. they'd probably make a cliche trailer with a Ron Perlman-type of preview man voice saying cool things like *in the city. . . you must fight to survive*, or something. and certainly we'd have to drive a sixty-seven black Camaro, or you'd have one of that cool choppers, sleeveless jacket, leather and everything! ;p

edit: oh; hi, Drazzke and have a nice stay here! this place is all about improving your skills and getting into pixel art more so you couldn't find better! ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:55:39 pm by Skurwy »
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #797 on: June 18, 2008, 10:55:08 pm
That... is en elaborate daydream, mr. Stuck in the 90's.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #798 on: June 18, 2008, 11:10:46 pm
heheh, straight up! seriously, I think I've got one hell of a catchy idea for an avant-garde-cartoon-style piece. . . if you're not copyrighted or something of course! ;)

but now I'm trying to catch up with some 3D rendering techniques of the 2000s. getting myself ready for a demoscene compo (and there's no bare ass in it! not even a woman in it!). :D

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #799 on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:24 pm
nah, i'd say skurvy fits into "Convoluted Action Flick 2009 - this time we've got less guns and more disconnected dialogue"

helm belongs in "memoirs of a 38-year-old writer looking back on his "life", where somehow nothing is outdated except the plot"

Being that i've cut my hair again, I belong in the background of "Independent Romantic Comedy - spelled with capital letters because we're using the Victorian terms instead of modern adjectives"
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.