AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 323314 times)

Offline Green Gnome

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #70 on: January 07, 2006, 05:59:48 am
Hey, I'm sure no-one really remembers me but I'm from the old Pixelation. I still have the site bookmarked as I've been waiting for it to come back. Heh.. I was never very active, only browsed the site daily, as I've been doing here now for a while. And my pixellings.. Well I haven't drawn anything for almost a year (last one was done 15th of January, 2005 and it was left unfinished). I just lost my inspiration.. Now I'm going to military service on Monday and.. Well.. We'll just have to wait and see what future brings.. :)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #71 on: January 07, 2006, 06:11:36 am
Hmm...Green gnome...
That name is remarkably familiar...
What Branch of the military are you going to?

Offline Green Gnome

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: January 07, 2006, 06:56:34 am
Hmm...Green gnome...
That name is remarkably familiar...
What Branch of the military are you going to?
You have no idea how often I've heard "Where have I met this guy before?" :)

But I don't know the branch yet.. It's only six months of service and they decide where they'll throw me after one month of basic training.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #73 on: January 07, 2006, 07:23:08 am
Wurd up, DGG. Heh.

My name is Jace and I am also seven-teen years old and live in Canada. Hurrah for Saskatchewan; hard to spell, easy to draw :P.
I'm not really doing much with my life as of now, but I am in a band and we've been making some slight progress. We're pretty much classified as "screamo."
Music is pretty much my life. Some of my favourite bands are: Blindside, Underoath, Showbread, Emery, and Means (a local band).
I'm also pissed off at the Graduated Driver's Lisence program.

EDIT: I've been pixelling on and off for quite some time now. I started off by recolouring RPG Maker sprites and kinda grew from there, heh.
I used to visit pixelation under the screen name of Messenger RI.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 07:24:54 am by Razz »

Offline Green Gnome

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: January 07, 2006, 07:36:34 am
Wurd up, DGG. Heh.
Ditto, Razz.

But I forgot to mention some other basic info about me..

Name's Janne and I live in Finland. Age is 19 at the moment but this will change in this summer. I got to university to study computing science last autumn. Well.. I'm not doing about anything with my life right now, just trying to live for tomorrow at the moment and see what will happen next. There are some personal matters right now that I won't talk about but I'll survive. :P

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #75 on: January 09, 2006, 02:06:00 am
Hi im JWW
i have been pixeling for about 1 1/2 years.  Im joined at Gmpixel as JWW and at Pixeljoint as Scruffs.
i am 14 and i live in the US and thats about it. :)

Offline Bacon and Eggs

• View Profile

Reply #76 on: January 09, 2006, 03:50:22 pm
Greetings all,

Long time fan small time participant.  The name is Shane and I hail from London Ontario Canada.  Way back when I tried to code up a derivitive of River City Ransom some way back which led me to a chap named Colin Sick (Brass Knuckles and Belt Buckles) which led me to the pixelation of old.  As it turns out, we went to school together but never met.  From what I see, many of the older names from that timeperiod are still around and have gathered here.

Been in an out of pixel arts, mostly out due to the having too many kids, but now the kids are old enough to be interested, so I'm back in a part time capacity of wanting to do something constructive again. 

I mostly do goofball stuff and will mostly just bask in the efforts that I've continually seen by many of the other amazing artists that have much more talent than I.  I'm a coder that would like to polish up his "programmer art".

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #77 on: January 09, 2006, 04:03:27 pm
Greetings all,

Long time fan small time participant.  The name is Shane and I hail from London Ontario Canada.  Way back when I tried to code up a derivitive of River City Ransom some way back which led me to a chap named Colin Sick (Brass Knuckles and Belt Buckles) which led me to the pixelation of old.  As it turns out, we went to school together but never met.  From what I see, many of the older names from that timeperiod are still around and have gathered here.

Been in an out of pixel arts, mostly out due to the having too many kids, but now the kids are old enough to be interested, so I'm back in a part time capacity of wanting to do something constructive again. 

I mostly do goofball stuff and will mostly just bask in the efforts that I've continually seen by many of the other amazing artists that have much more talent than I.  I'm a coder that would like to polish up his "programmer art".

Hey, long time no see.
You were the one that showed me pixelation back in December 2003 and got me into pixel art (with those smiles and other pixel stuff as that cat juggling self etc), now wonder if you still remember me.
(btw Happy belated birthday, if my memory aint failing I remember it being on the 1st of january)

Either way welcome to pixelopolis.

Offline Bacon and Eggs

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: January 09, 2006, 07:05:10 pm
It's good to be welcomed...

Yes it is I... and I do remember you too... like a can of FreshPaint.  Getting Dinged with extra Family took me down a notch in posting and pixelling and programming, but things have calmed down enough to get things started up again.

I don't have any new stuffs yet as I am ever so slowly building up my archaic pile of tools again.

As for juggling cats... I still have that.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: January 10, 2006, 02:02:30 am

My name is Jace and I am also seven-teen years old and live in Canada. Hurrah for Saskatchewan; hard to spell, easy to draw :P.
I'm not really doing much with my life as of now, but I am in a band and we've been making some slight progress. We're pretty much classified as "screamo."
Music is pretty much my life. Some of my favourite bands are: Blindside, Underoath, Showbread, Emery, and Means (a local band).
I'm also pissed off at the Graduated Driver's Lisence program.

I'm in a posthardcore, metal band. Sounding similar to as i lay dying, norma jean, everytime i die, and haste the day.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.