AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320611 times)

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Introductions

Reply #60 on: December 31, 2005, 11:45:28 pm
Oh, and Tangerine, once you get used to GraphicsGale, it's an awesome awesome program. Be sure to set up the hotkeys in the Preferences. I find that I would always "Remove all unused colors" in the palette, replacing them with a color one would probably not use, and go through adding new colors as I need them. Just a little thing I do in GraphicsGale.

Captain Blood

Reply #61 on: January 01, 2006, 01:44:01 pm
Hi,
I used to be known (and still am on some forums that I still haven't yet changed my nick) as Wolverine and used to be really into doing pixel art and all that.  I don't get the same buzz out of it anymore and will be mostly giving it up within 6 months as hopefully by then I'll have completed all contract work and all my own lil games that I thought would be a shame to abandon totally.

2005 was a really rough year for me with physical and mental health problems that had been around since childhood but resurfaced to great levels during last year.  Added to that problems with accommodation (got taken to court and threatened with homelessness again, over rent I should never have owed, but now it turns out they owe me money so thats cool), and other problems meant I felt the need to change my life around.  So I'm doing less of sitting around at the computer and more of getting out there and meeting new people and actually going places.  I've now restarted acting classes again which I hadn't done since my early teenage years and I will also be restarting archery lessons and taking up fencing in the next few months (if my bank account allows it)

Like I said, I haven't totally given up pixels yet and still use Paint Shop Pro 7 and Pro Motion V5.1 to make graphics and work with my buddies to make games using the underrated Game Maker software.  I decided to come back here to this site as I won't be spending too much time around but am keen on seeing what other people are doing.  My own gallery website disappeared a while back and I haven't felt the need to put up a new one.

By the way if anyone asks (like some have), my current nick is from the old book and the movie starring Errol Flynn, not the old video game.

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new years.

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #62 on: January 01, 2006, 03:56:01 pm
By the way if anyone asks (like some have), my current nick is from the old book and the movie starring Errol Flynn, not the old video game.

And a damn good movie, by the way. Most films starring Errol Flynn were quite entertaining. I've always enjoyed him as Robin Hood. Easily my favorite adaptation yet.

It's sad to hear that you won't being doing pixel art. I've always enjoyed your creations. Good luck with that "life" stuff, man.

Captain Blood

Reply #63 on: January 01, 2006, 06:16:13 pm
And a damn good movie, by the way. Most films starring Errol Flynn were quite entertaining. I've always enjoyed him as Robin Hood. Easily my favorite adaptation yet.

Yeah, I love old movies like that and Errol Flynn was always one of my favorite actors from that era.  I love Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk a lot and his Robin Hood is my joint favorite version of the tale with the Robin of Sherwood british TV series from the 1980's.

It's sad to hear that you won't being doing pixel art. I've always enjoyed your creations. Good luck with that "life" stuff, man.

Thanks man.  Means a lot coming from an artist like yourself.  Had wished I was more skilled and imaginative like you and many others but I just think I'm at the end of that phase of my life.  Might still do the odd lil bit here and there just when I'm bored and have a minute or two free, but I plan to be very very busy this year.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #64 on: January 01, 2006, 08:10:09 pm
Yes sadly we all have our lives to live.  Being busy gets annoying and hectic but you do usually go to bed feeling like you accomplished something.  Give em heaven and god speed.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Tangerine

Reply #65 on: January 01, 2006, 08:17:09 pm
Yeah. Real Life is a royal pain, but hopefully a happy median can be met. I just started to pixel stuff ... I suck ... to say the least. Haha. But I'm hoping to be able to progress and keep drawing, though right now, I'm at a mental block. College is coming back strong next year ... I don't know if I'll have time for this, but I seem to love doing it even if my works are screw ups. :P Hopefully I'll make time! Mwhaha!

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: January 01, 2006, 10:55:29 pm
best of luck to you captain blood. Hope everything turns into the better.

Tangerine, you keep saying how you would like to progress and get better, and it sounds like you have done some things, so post.
dont hold it back, because it will take you longer to get to the level you want to.

Offline Mickey

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: January 06, 2006, 04:32:13 am
Hey, use to post on the old pixelation as Murdoc - changed it to Mickey this time around (there's a story to it but uninteresting so i'll leave it)
Currently living around Montreal, Canada and slowly getting back into the pixelling groove.

Offline zilben

• View Profile
    • my DeviantART page

Reply #68 on: January 06, 2006, 11:02:31 pm
ight lets see, my name is Lorenzo Andres, im one badass colombian dude that loves chicken (as in eating, nuthin like the goat thing round here) i like to kick it with the homies and play ball, any kinda ball, bball, futBOL, football, but not baseball. I like to pump that iron and hit the miles to be n shape. Ill be bumpin some 2pac on the road, or ill be getin low wit the mamis as they play some reaggeaTON.. perreo perreo perreo.. ok.. umm...  ill be goin to ASU in about 6 months to study digital arts. In my free time, which i recently regained cuz i was busy with school and workin at Subway makin fresh subs, i like to draw, play a bit of videogames, and pixel (which i havent done forever). btw, i live in AZ, and i HATE iT.. nahh.. its ok, i rather be in NY tho.

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2006, 12:03:56 am
Zilben...zilben...I think I know you. Where you the one with those runescape sprites at rv or something? Those blew the guys here away...lol.