AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 323913 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Introductions

Reply #550 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45:14 pm
welcome, halu and matt!  matt your pixels look great, fun colors and good style, like cave story married knytt :P

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #551 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:59 pm
cave story... knytt
Easily my two favourite indie games.  ;)

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #552 on: July 12, 2007, 06:38:42 pm
tocky, those are great designs!
Otherworldly in the best possible way.
I crave more! :0'

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #553 on: July 14, 2007, 12:03:32 am
hallo, my name is Näthan.

i am 18 years old, just graduated out of high school. i am a professional web designer (through a publishing business that has a printing press, and owns 4 news paper publications) i am going to college to study German and Graphic art.

i like to draw. here is something i drew recently. it's a war artifact of mine from WWII. it is a swedish mauser bayonet. (edit: i don't have a scanner, this was captured with a shitty digital camera at a really bad angle)

i just got into computer art. i do photo manipulations, and i just got into pixel art. i was happy to come on here today and receive critiques, links to tutorials, and help from other members.

i found this website through http://www.verge-rpg.com which is a C based rpg engine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 05:21:19 pm by lilwing »

Offline inkspot

• View Profile

Reply #554 on: July 15, 2007, 02:15:37 pm
Hello lilwig, nice to see some LF members here, hehe ;D
And you can post non pixelart pictures in this thread, feel free to do so.

Anyways, I don't remember if I have introduced myself here, but oh well, might as well do it.

I am inkspot, 19 years old, currently living in Estonia. I used to hang out in the old Pixelation a lot, but it was closed down so... I came back here via Pixeljoint half a year a go or so...

So...yeah.., Hi everyone!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:17:53 pm by inkspot »

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #555 on: July 15, 2007, 05:22:13 pm
hey dude! i thoguht you might be on here. that website you sent has some pixel arts.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #556 on: July 16, 2007, 03:46:53 am
I guess I've never fully introduced myself. Here go's...

Hello I'm David, I'm 14 years minus one month of age.
My fondness of pixel art comes from the fact that most of the time smaller is better(note the most).
Other things that I enjoy are making a complete fool of myself, pogo sticking, and being different in almost every way.     

Something that annoys me quite a lot is when people use 1337 or intrnt slng all the time for no apparent reason.

And welcome to the forums everyone! ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:27:21 pm by Kcilc »

Offline Aelyrin

• View Profile

Reply #557 on: July 30, 2007, 05:43:37 am
Hi. =D
I just got here. I found my way here through gas13.ru, which I had just (re-)found recently when I was looking for a certain tutorial. Heh, turned out it wasn't as informative as I remembered. :\ But there was a link to here, and omg *o* there's so much awesome pixelart here! I joined in the hopes of getting better at my own.

So, um. =D
A little about me, I guess...
I'm 19, and live on the outskirts of the small town of Espanola, Ontario.
I just graduated from high school (I hope ~A~;; ). I don't really know what to do with the rest of my life, though. I really need to get a good paying job. :\ And then maybe try to go to school or something. But I dunno, because I'll probably just drop out, anyways. ^^;;;
My hobbies are drawing, singing, and spriting, none of which I'm any good at. Oh, mostly all I sprite is.. Pokemon. >3> I mix Pokemon. But I would really like to be able to do scenery and stuff.

Offline Ornust

• Nooblet. ;_;
    • View Profile

Reply #558 on: August 02, 2007, 03:38:55 am
I've been watching you guys on the forums for a long time, but to no avail.

Halo thar?

:mean:
The Newbie's Newb.

Offline tandemar

• @tandemar
    • tandemar
    • tandemar
    • tandemar
    • simonbutler57
    • View Profile
    • Tandemar's Tumblr page

Reply #559 on: August 03, 2007, 07:29:05 am
Probably the oldest guy here; I'm 50 and I've been working in the games industry for 24 years now. The last six months is the only period I've not been continually working with 2D graphics as I am currently employed in Hamburg, Germany as a game designer.
I've had a few small freelance pixel jobs and hopefully some more will come along soon because I like to keep at it.

I've worked on lots of stuff over the years and I'm aiming to reach at least 300 titles on my cv before I hang up my mouse; I've recently reached the 270 mark. I enjoy pixelling otherwise I wouldn't keep doing it, apart from the fact that I have no intention to move into 3D; too old and not interested.

It does get a bit repetitive, clients asking for the same old things time and time again, but that's the games industry for you. You just try to enjoy each job as much as the last and try to put something of yourself into everything you do and have fun. If it's not fun, don't do it.