AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320507 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #400 on: April 09, 2007, 01:36:45 pm
I have an acoustic. Very cheap one, bought it myself so i could learn... and i am... slowly. I'm not too musically inclined, but it's fun.

I never got into photography either, truely. My brother is a very good photographer, and he has quite a few cameras, digital and film, as well as his own developing materials. I, however, have a battery-eating Canon Powershot that only works when it wants to.

I guess it's a good thing that I am more inclined (and better at) an artistic area that is pretty cheap. Don't have to spend loads (or ask parents to) on a camera. Though, if i am going to pursue an art degree, I'm sure they'll expect some photography from me. :\

yeah, fuck it. I'll just be an engineer too. \o/

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #401 on: April 09, 2007, 06:29:13 pm
It doesnt really sound like shit.. You mute whatever strings you dont want to play, with your hand. The cool thing with playing guitar with a violin bow, is that you can make really cool scary sounds :D.

sorry, IMO the opposite of music is shit, so if it isnt music (and playing with a bow seldom is anywhere close), it must be shit.  you can make all the scary sounds you want, i just wont like it
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #402 on: April 09, 2007, 07:01:56 pm
It doesnt really sound like shit.. You mute whatever strings you dont want to play, with your hand. The cool thing with playing guitar with a violin bow, is that you can make really cool scary sounds :D.

sorry, IMO the opposite of music is shit, so if it isnt music (and playing with a bow seldom is anywhere close), it must be shit.  you can make all the scary sounds you want, i just wont like it

Eh, why would't it be music? Just becouse YOU who thinks it sounds like shit ( not that you have heard me play ) Doesnt mean its not music.. I dont really undestand, do you dislike the whole violin sound? Or just playing guitar with a violin bow..?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #403 on: April 09, 2007, 07:04:44 pm
Let us hear a sample and we'll believe you, but I must admit that it seems highly implausible that you can get good music out of it...

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #404 on: April 09, 2007, 07:07:14 pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BG-aoRWjLdE&mode=related&search=

No sample from me, but from Jimmy Page. I dont see whats wron with that, sounds perfect to me.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #405 on: April 09, 2007, 07:29:14 pm
Somehow I doubt you're as good as Jimmy Page... :huh:

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #406 on: April 09, 2007, 07:32:15 pm
Somehow I doubt you're as good as Jimmy Page... :huh:

Lol.. Ofcourse im not, but i know how to make it sound okay with a violin bow. But im just proving you can get a good sound with playing a guitar with a violin bow..And thats its not shit, unless you totally don't like rock.

Anyway.. I guess this discussion ends here, this is the introduction topic.. So yea, sorry about being off-topic :P.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:36:10 pm by ZoSo »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #407 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:33 pm
I can't remember  if i've ever posted here, but here goes..

My name is Richard, i am studying Maths, physics and chemistry at sixth form/college.  I joined this place to get less shit at pixel-art and i am now a lot less shit than i was.
I have designed a few websites - but  i would like to get into gaming art instead - perhaps to reduce my university bills next year.  i will be 17 next month this is a couple of photos of me taken a few months ago (dark hooded pics seem to be all the rage):

i like lots of music, including metal(death, thrash, power), punk, alternative, emo, classical, rock, rap/hip-hop, electronica dance.

i like pixel-art and one day hope to be as good as those i admire.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #408 on: April 10, 2007, 12:24:26 am

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #409 on: April 10, 2007, 12:37:54 am
lol thanks helm, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :D
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY