AuthorTopic: Face  (Read 3194 times)

Offline ep

• View Profile
    • my deviantArt

Face

on: December 11, 2006, 05:11:48 pm

I'm not really sure why I made this, I wanted to make a little face, then thought why not animate it.  I am thinking of perhaps doing something after the head comes out, such as opening the mouth, or having the mouth open as it is coming out.  Also something seems off on the frame with the face entirely out but I'm not quite sure what.

Is the animation too fast?  any other criticism would also be appreciated.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Re: Face

Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:57 pm
That's a nice idea to practice shape and it definitely works. Anyhow, assuming that the face is supposed to be symmetrical and the surface flat and horizontal, the facial features as they protrude should be symmetrical in each frame as well (it seems to be dented on the bright side). Unless you didn't intend the face to be even, because looking at it again, the problem seems to stem from the further eye not being accurately mirrored in the full face.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:31:02 pm
I think that's pretty neat.  My only real critique at the moment is that, the frame where the face is entirely exposed, and the frame where the face is entirely hidden, should both be longer than the transitional frames....in other words, make it so you can see the face longer when it's out all the way and gone all the way.  I think it would add more "glory" or w/e (having a brain fart, sorry) to the transition, and also add give the viewer more time to look at the face.

Over all, a good job...I think it would be cool if you did the whole body, each body part with its own tile....would be kinda like Han Solo...... :lol:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:26:08 pm
I think it would enhance the effect if you had a greater contrast in the depth of the features. A bigger nose, sunken eyes, stronger eyebrow ridge, protruding chin will all exaggerate the water-like submerging.

Offline ep

• View Profile
    • my deviantArt

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 05:28:55 pm
Thanks for the input, someone on another forum and I are now doing squares to all go together so I won't be changing it for that but I am going to try and make the two sides more similar and then add/distinguish some more features to it, for as a friend pointed out, it looks more like a mask then a face.