Critique > Pixel Art

Critique on Run Cycle

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sammy:
Also I made the sideways run. Would appreciate it if you guys give me feedback and critique on this too! :)

eishiya:
The downward run had the camera high up, RPG-style, but the side run appears to be viewed from a lower angle, like in a sidescroller. If it's also meant to be viewed from above, then the far side of the body should be higher than the near side (this includes the far shoulder, arm, the far side of the pelvis, and the far foot).

The character's chest looks rather misshapen. It looks like you have their body rotated slightly towards the viewer, which is fine, but their far arm appears attached too far back, as if the torso isn't rotated.
In addition, the upper torso should rotate a little more in such an energetic run.

Sammy:
Thank you so much for the help. Yea actually I could feel something is wrong...

So here is the update. So far I only worked on the idle. Posting it here before I work on the animation to see if it needs more work before I animate it.

Looking forward to more critiques! Thanks!

MysteryMeat:
hm, looking at this further I think the problem is an overabundance of colors and a lot of size discrepancies. Those legs are kinda chicken-leggy, and the torso is way too long and detailed compared to the simplistic style of the rest of the piece.

My edit doesn't fix much of that, but hopefully it points you in the right direction

Sammy:

--- Quote from: MysteryMeat on November 09, 2018, 06:42:26 am ---hm, looking at this further I think the problem is an overabundance of colors and a lot of size discrepancies. Those legs are kinda chicken-leggy, and the torso is way too long and detailed compared to the simplistic style of the rest of the piece.

My edit doesn't fix much of that, but hopefully it points you in the right direction

--- End quote ---
Thank you for your critiques MysteryMeat! I appreciate the time you spent to fix my crappy sprite.

With the "size discrepancies" you mentioned, can you show me an example? I'm a little confused on how it should really be. And if the sideways sprite doesn't have the right proportions, then the one facing down must be messed up too... Is that what you saying?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version