AuthorTopic: Legend of Zelda Mockup for Practise / Feedback  (Read 5281 times)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Legend of Zelda Mockup for Practise / Feedback

Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 12:07:06 pm
Digging the latest mockup. Good balance of NES and SNES-like (pretty sure it's closer to 16 bit spec).

If you can't waste the colors here you can throw in 1 or 2 different tiles for cracked/old tiles or shading on the walls. That's gonna drag it past SNES-like territory and probably way off of Zelda graphics too so it depends whether you want to take this visual complexity all the way. That vis direction might be not what you are aiming for.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:18:17 pm by pistachio »

Offline Traslogan

• Traslogan
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 02:51:26 pm
Digging the latest mockup. Good balance of NES and SNES-like (pretty sure it's closer to 16 bit spec).

If you can't waste the colors here you can throw in 1 or 2 different tiles for cracked/old tiles or shading on the walls. That's gonna drag it past SNES-like territory and probably way off of Zelda graphics too so it depends whether you want to take this visual complexity all the way. That vis direction might be not what you are aiming for.

yeah, it's not that I'm unable to afford the colours, I don't care what colours I use but more that I try to make good use of a limited amount for practise. The only time I completely disavowed that was with link who uses like 9 colours.

Offline Traslogan

• Traslogan
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:11 am
Opted to simply go a bit crazy this time, upping tile-sizes to 24x24, tried a notably more complex character pose. I really had nothing to go on for Ganon other than BS-Zelda (Which I didn't really know about until recently), so I've struggled to pose him quite a bit, but otherwise I'm happy with this reimagining of the final fight of Zelda-1.

Will put it in the base-post of the thread too.

Offline alanabui

• View Profile
    • soundcloud to mp3

Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 03:45:57 am
I really like your website and specially this post and that's the reason I am commenting here MangaFox