AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 151621 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #350 on: January 02, 2007, 12:24:41 am
Thats awesome snake. They should make this into a movie.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #351 on: January 02, 2007, 12:38:56 pm
Scandinavians in general are really heavy on two things, in my little isolated world. Metal, and retro. That's why bands like Machinae Supremacy sprung into existance. They're a metal band with Commodore 64 roots! But I don't think anyone could miss that Scandinavia is the home of heavy/thrash/death/whatever metal...

But yeah. Just to prove my point about the retro thing, take a look at who founded C64.com, the world's biggest C64 resource site, and also the world's best online radio station, SLAY Radio. Both with focus on C64, of course, but there's some Amiga stuff around also. And occationally some NES nights on Slay. I've also heard radio programs about game music at least three times, on Swedish radio. The non-online one. Some channel (P4 probably) even had a program dedicated to NES-and-older music, but I only caught one episode of that...

I obviously have no idea about other countries, but it seems Sweden is rather big on stuff like that. But we're also really big on Japanese pop culture, which disturbs me. Maybe we're big on everything that isn't traditional European...?

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #352 on: January 02, 2007, 01:08:33 pm
OK.  I haven't been doing anything much, because I got a Wii and Zelda, and thats sums up the past few days for me.

New Years Resolutions:

Learn to play Tears in Heaven, Stairway to Heaven, various songs from video games, specifically Saddest Theme from Chrono Trigger on guitar.

Get a job before the year is out. 

Do decently at school.

Become better at art in general. 

Quit Drama at School for Art.

Finish a game.  Just one is all I ask, and hopefully make a tiny scrap of Money out of it (unlikely).

Go to the Weird Al concert. :D

Become Fitter. 

Try and busk up some money.  :D

OK.  Enough kooky Schemes from the S-man.  Who here has Twilight Princess, and if so, Where are you up to?
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #353 on: January 02, 2007, 01:15:25 pm
beat the goron mines, 11hours played

taking it real slow given the fact nintendo tends to draw out good games over a long period of time.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #354 on: January 02, 2007, 01:28:52 pm
17 hours, got the master sword. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #355 on: January 02, 2007, 02:04:20 pm
OK.  I haven't been doing anything much, because I got a Wii and Zelda, and thats sums up the past few days for me.

New Years Resolutions:

Learn to play Tears in Heaven, Stairway to Heaven, various songs from video games, specifically Saddest Theme from Chrono Trigger on guitar.

Get a job before the year is out. 

Do decently at school.

Become better at art in general.
Quit Drama at School for Art.

Finish a game.  Just one is all I ask, and hopefully make a tiny scrap of Money out of it (unlikely).

Go to the Weird Al concert. :D

Become Fitter. 

Try and busk up some money.  :D

OK.  Enough kooky Schemes from the S-man.  Who here has Twilight Princess, and if so, Where are you up to?

And finish your secret santa ASAP
or else.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #356 on: January 02, 2007, 03:39:58 pm
Who here has Twilight Princess, and if so, Where are you up to?

Finished it. Roughly 4 days after opening the box. Took longer because I wanted to get everything.

I'm off collecting all the heart pieces. Got the last armor and I'm going to play through the Great fairy's cavern battle now. (no, that info is not a spoiler)

The ending was great by the way. One of the best games I've played in years.

snake: uhh... that's my fault for not checking PJ I guess. What's fun is that I have just been living with a Norwegian family for 7 months :D

Heh, you can just click my name here. People usually put up what country they're from when they register. I did at least. Where were you staying? Somewhere close to the border or in the "larger" cities?

Scandinavians in general are really heavy on two things, in my little isolated world. Metal, and retro. That's why bands like Machinae Supremacy sprung into existance. They're a metal band with Commodore 64 roots! But I don't think anyone could miss that Scandinavia is the home of heavy/thrash/death/whatever metal...

But yeah. Just to prove my point about the retro thing, take a look at who founded C64.com, the world's biggest C64 resource site, and also the world's best online radio station, SLAY Radio. Both with focus on C64, of course, but there's some Amiga stuff around also. And occationally some NES nights on Slay. I've also heard radio programs about game music at least three times, on Swedish radio. The non-online one. Some channel (P4 probably) even had a program dedicated to NES-and-older music, but I only caught one episode of that...

I obviously have no idea about other countries, but it seems Sweden is rather big on stuff like that. But we're also really big on Japanese pop culture, which disturbs me. Maybe we're big on everything that isn't traditional European...?

Metal and goth is *very* big here. That band sounds like something my friends could be doing. Japaniese pop-stuff hit like a landslide recently because suddenly, publishers discovered that kids were suckers for the stuff and would buy anything even *remotely* Asian. (Seen it first hand. Not a pretty sight...) Come to think of it, I guess it's partly my fault. I was, after all, part of the Pokémon generation. (My school had the largest collection of card traders in the western part of the country.) But then, the term anime didn't exist here at that point. :P While on the subject, I've noticed Swedish mangas here lately. Pretty disturbing really. The ultimate Swedish stereotype (big busted blond...) in some kind of Tokyo hybrid. Hope this won't become a trend. "Norwegian viking girl! In Kyoto! With neko, kawai and baka! ...and maybe some clishé love story if we feel like it!" Ughh... That's why I don't read that stuff...

I can only dream that P4 will start having NES sessions. Right now, all they send is country music...

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #357 on: January 02, 2007, 03:50:13 pm
The ending was great by the way. One of the best games I've played in years.

Really? I thought it (the ending) was one of the few things that let this game down.
I agree on the second point, as it was the same for me, but still not as good as either of the N64 Zeldas.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #358 on: January 02, 2007, 04:02:11 pm
Played Twilight Princess at my lil cousin's place last week.  It's not bad but it's really not great.  I really don't much like using the Wiimote either.  Game was better than the godawful N64 games but overall it just seemed mediocre with only the odd flash of greatness.  I came home and started playing Link's Awakening DX from the start and still enjoy that and LttP way more than any of the 3D Zeldas.  That Wiisports he got with his Wii was terrible too.
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Ragnarok

• The long-dead armies rise again!
    • View Profile

Reply #359 on: January 02, 2007, 04:36:19 pm
Played Twilight Princess at my lil cousin's place last week.  It's not bad but it's really not great.  I really don't much like using the Wiimote either.  Game was better than the godawful N64 games but overall it just seemed mediocre with only the odd flash of greatness.  I came home and started playing Link's Awakening DX from the start and still enjoy that and LttP way more than any of the 3D Zeldas.  That Wiisports he got with his Wii was terrible too.
Blasphemer!
Chaos drive... overloading... Order... failing...
GIVE IN TO THE CHAOS!