AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 151143 times)

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #220 on: December 21, 2006, 04:56:51 pm
I'm off now to go do some serious holidaying...

That was me today.. waking at 7.30.. not getting out of bed till 11.30.

Now that's living the life.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #221 on: December 21, 2006, 06:50:00 pm
Lol i think he's doing the complete opposite to you skull, and living quite alot. Have fun baccaman21.  :lol:

Offline Morganne

• View Profile
    • Morki's deviantart

Reply #222 on: December 21, 2006, 07:24:35 pm

Living in Colorado is fun.

My poor dad fell down out there. We haven't heard from him sense.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #223 on: December 21, 2006, 08:57:42 pm
You have more snow than me. It's too cold in Alaska to snow most of the time.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #224 on: December 21, 2006, 09:27:57 pm
@Baccaman21: have a good one, guy, and be careful. I hear thar' be heathens over them hills.

@Skull: I agree. Ain't nothing better than being a lazy bastard. guilty, guilty, guilty...

@Morganne: Lucky ass. In Texas, the closest I've gotten to snow is sleet, and it hit about 40. The sad part is, it was enough to take down a whole city block, near downtown. It was completely blacked out for as far as the eyes could see. Shows how much our region isn't made for snow, or cold weather. The nice part was, I finally got to see how purrty' the black sky looked like, without the city lights. Felt just like home.

@Blick: Thats crazy. I was under the impression that Alaska was filled with fluffy white snow all over the place. When it does snow, does it get pretty bad?( I remember you once told me that you guys suffer occasional tornado warnings sometimes...if my memory serves me right)
my back hurts...

Offline Ragnarok

• The long-dead armies rise again!
    • View Profile

Reply #225 on: December 21, 2006, 09:52:30 pm
I've been eyeing the same one, actually. It's really cheap on Amazon and comes with Corel Painter and Photoshop Elements.
link

I have one. It's very small though, I just prefer drawing at a scale of 1:1. (Dear God, architecture design classes wind me up)
Chaos drive... overloading... Order... failing...
GIVE IN TO THE CHAOS!

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #226 on: December 21, 2006, 09:55:13 pm
Does my avatar place me within the drag queen parade alongside rox?

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #227 on: December 21, 2006, 10:33:57 pm
You mean that cybernetic brain thing?

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #228 on: December 21, 2006, 10:43:58 pm
I've never mentioned tornado warnings...

The past few years it's been crazy weather. Late cold winters, little snow. It snowed in June, I think it was, over the summer. For two days. It was strange. Then we get ice days in January and February way more often it seems. When it rains during the day more than usual and then freezes before morning and everyone is afraid to drive. I used to live right off of the busiest road in North Pole, not counting the highway, and on ice days I could go outside during the evening and just slide around with my shoes on in the middle of the road because no one was driving. Sometimes we get those times where it snows down hard, but it's usually at the beginning and end of winter when it's warm enough to snow. Yeah. warm enough to snow. 10 to 20 degrees makes the best snow. Nice rigid snow that'll hold it's shape.

What really sucks is when fog comes in from Fort Wainwright, which is right next to the Richardson Highway, on a bad ice day. Because the cars also make a lot of fog from their exhaust and it doesn't go away until it gets warmer, so people drive like 30 on the highway and you can only see a cars length or two ahead so you don't know if they guy ahead of you is an idiot doing 30 or someone that's actually doing the intelligent thing and just going the usual 5 to 10 miles under the speed limit. I remember last year I almost crashed on my way to school because someone was doing 25 on the highway, and I had about ten feet to either slow down (I was going 45) or swerve, I chose both and I'm lucky I didn't spin out into the ditch.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #229 on: December 21, 2006, 11:03:10 pm