AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 151086 times)

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #190 on: December 19, 2006, 06:02:41 am
I bought myself a 32 inch widescreen lcd tv (any bigger and it would be too big for the apartment unfortunately), and an Onyx surround sound system. Holiday starts mid-next week! Can't wait to tuck into some MEAT in front of that tv and watch a good movie.
I would have bought a sofa but unfortunately none of them will be able to fit through the apartment door D:
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #191 on: December 19, 2006, 07:17:04 am
I probably going to buy Wacom 4*5inch tablet. Anyone got this one? Or should i buy a more expensive one?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #192 on: December 19, 2006, 07:31:22 am
Don't really want much....actually, all I want for chrismas is my two front teeth.  :crazy:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #193 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:51 am
I probably going to buy Wacom 4*5inch tablet. Anyone got this one? Or should i buy a more expensive one?

Do you mean Volito2? Yes, I have it. If you never had a tablet, I can say it isn`t bad for the beginning. For me as for a person who does graphics from time to time and generally for my own pleasure, it`s not even that small and unpractical as it seemed while buying it.

I want the driver license. ;)

edited
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:00:29 pm by Skurwy »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #194 on: December 19, 2006, 08:12:05 am
I've wanted a tablet for a while. Been looking at a Wacom... eeh... Graphire? Or something? A5. I think I just might order one right now, and it'll be here by the time I come back from visiting my family... I should be gone for a week or so, and then I'll come back to a brand new tablet...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #195 on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:07 pm
Man Alex, does PETA or someone similar pay you to try to convert people not to eat meat. Just let people do what they want with their lives.

I have been a vegetarian for 6 years and now I am a pescetarian (as in I eat fish but not meat). I do this for various reasons which I do not need any justification for and no one else should need to justify their eating habits (as long as it's in the legal realm).
I knew where my meat was coming from at a very early age, because I grew up in a small town with many farm. I seen cows and pigs get slaughtered, so what, I still ate them and liked it.

To me it seems that you are thinking what you do is the most righteous thing and others who don't do the same are wrong. If those are your thoughts even remotely, snap out of it, shit like that leads nowhere. If you are happy without eating any meat (are you vegetarian or vegan btw?) then do so but don't try to convince others into it. If someone does not want to eat meat he can come to that conclusion by him or herself.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #196 on: December 19, 2006, 12:18:24 pm
PETA.. ugh..
well, Ive only ever known a few vegetarians, and they were all very annoying, whenever they come over for dinner or something they insist we all must eat no meat that night and try to convert us as if its some form of enlightenment.
it is something I would consider noble if it weren't for the vegetarians I have known.

"for every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three" <3
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #197 on: December 19, 2006, 12:22:15 pm
Hehe, I can see what you mean. As I said I was a pure vegetarian for 6 years and now eat fish, but I never forced or demanded from someone that they don't eat meat if they want to. It's people who try to force their ideals and beliefs on others that are annoying and that goes for everything, food, religion, politics.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #198 on: December 19, 2006, 12:34:25 pm
heh, this is fun..

It's not fun, and if what you are trying is to sound intelligent and all philosophical, you are failing.
You are free to expose your opinions, but if anyone has a different one you disagree with, either try to convince cleverly or just accept it, but don't confuse the hell out of people with random posts about polarities and how stuff that does not matter at all is involved.
I have nothing against you as a person, but all those posts like "what you want is not what you will get blah blah" or like "maybe it's something, but maybe it's not" are annoying the hell out of me. Do you still agree with all that random stuff you wrote about after re-reading them?  It looks like you have nothing to say but still trying to put a philosophical point to it.

Edit: As for wants, right now I want a wii, but doesn't exacly have to be a thing for christmas (more like BEFORE it).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:41:02 pm by Panda »

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #199 on: December 19, 2006, 03:17:25 pm
I've been eyeing the same one, actually. It's really cheap on Amazon and comes with Corel Painter and Photoshop Elements.
link
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:39:48 pm by ptoing »